Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

pure sine wave 1000 watts! but only 500 watts per plug

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi All,

This is certainly a great price!

https://www.costco.ca/coleman-1%2c000-w-pure-sine-wave-inverter--.product.100494326.html?fbclid=IwAR...
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
13 REPLIES 13

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
The last reviewer said the manual was wrong.

Not the same thing, but I have a cheapie MSW inverter that I took apart to look at the receptacles - they are wired in parallel. I guess that's the only way to tell for sure how much power each will deliver. Cheapie inverter has worked well for me for 7-8 years now. Enough juice for 2 TVs and stereo. Will charge laptop PC too. That's all I need - why pay more?

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is this topic from 11 years ago ๐Ÿ™‚ As it says, I did talk to Sunforce tech support and confirmed it was 500 each not 1000 from one.

Apparently this newer? one is the same way. Some like to run a fridge while driving off inverter and that needs a 600w or so inverter IIRC, so some buy a 1000w for that job. This one could not do that job, eg.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23238752/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
Two 500w inverters? Unless you need two inverters and will be using 500 watts of power both at the same time, then what good is two inverters versus one 1000w inverter which can put out twice the watts?
Is there some situation where sensitive electrical equipt will need this variation?
I dont get it.
Get the lowest wattage inverter that you need. Bigger is not better in the battery/inverter world for camping as bigger inverters have a higher "metabolism" and will use more power just being on and idle.
I use a 300w inv bc is all I need. It is small and stores away easily, so I do not have to mount it permanently which makes it available to move around (from truck to RV or to other RV).

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is a good price for two 500 watt pure sine wave inverters.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Great price. Perfect for the weekend camper, not sure how long it would last in continuous service.

MEH..

It is nothing more than a glorified "twin" inverter, basically two 500W inverters in ONE package.

Cannot get full 1000W out of ONE outlet so you would have to have two lower wattage devices, one plugged into one outlet and the other in the other outlet..

"Good deal"? Not so much because it is MISLEADING folks into thinking they will be able to plug a 1000W worth of load into this thing and that load may be a 750W hair drier or even a 700W microwave..

Honestly folks, instead of buying cheapo bargain basement garbage, put some real money into a real well built inverter upfront and buy it only ONCE.. The money folks waste on cheap junk like this is simply amazing to me..

Quality does cost money folks, there is no shortcut there.

Coleman makes ZERO inverters folks, it is a rebrand of other existing Chinese import inverters.. Most of you would never, ever buy a Chinese knockoff gen but yet here we are with most of you just clamoring to buy the cheapest Chinese built inverters to plug your precious equipment into (stuff that you refuse to plug into a cheap gen by the way)..

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Coleman used to be the camp stuff name. My Dad would be shocked.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Great price. Perfect for the weekend camper, not sure how long it would last in continuous service.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
joebedford wrote:
Latest review says one outlet will deliver 1000W

Hi Joe,

That's not what the manual suggests.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Here is what the manual says about the coleman.

Manual states it is 500W continuous per plug so both plugs together gives you 1000W continuous.

Not quite a swindle.

BFL13,

yes I did get the cdn tire one. It was able to run my induction cooker at 1/3 power (375 watts). It was quite useful when my Magnum caught on fire.
Regards, Don

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
Hi BFL13,

Did yours fry right away--or did it just slowly die?

I ran my 700w Danby MW a few times when it showed the yellow overload light at 1050w ISTR, but kept running ok. Then one time it let the smoke out.

I now have an RCA 700w MW on a MSW inverter in the TC. That pulls 65 amps from the battery bank instead of the usual 100 (divide by 10), being MSW instead of PSW. It takes a little longer to get the job done, but not so's you'd notice in real life.

PSW is only vital for some things like electric blankets, but if the price is right, why not have PSW?

I only read the first two reviews. The second one seemed to have a better idea how the thing worked wrt 500 vs 1000, but could be wrong.
Photo in Profile

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi BFL13,

Did yours fry right away--or did it just slowly die?
Regards, Don

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Latest review says one outlet will deliver 1000W

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
PT note the reviews. This Sunforce has the same thing as the old Sunforce they used to sell at Can Tire, in that it has two 500w plug-ins for a total of 1000W . Can Tire went to a different brand that does all 1000w from one plug-in. (ISTR you have one of those---I fried mine as reported years ago running it at 1050w too many times)

Still, if your can work with this, it is a very good price for what it can do.
Photo in Profile