Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: pure sine wave 1000 watts! but only 500 watts per plug
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> pure sine wave 1000 watts! but only 500 watts per plug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 11:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is a good price for two 500 watt pure sine wave inverters.

mr_andyj

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/20 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two 500w inverters? Unless you need two inverters and will be using 500 watts of power both at the same time, then what good is two inverters versus one 1000w inverter which can put out twice the watts?
Is there some situation where sensitive electrical equipt will need this variation?
I dont get it.
Get the lowest wattage inverter that you need. Bigger is not better in the battery/inverter world for camping as bigger inverters have a higher "metabolism" and will use more power just being on and idle.
I use a 300w inv bc is all I need. It is small and stores away easily, so I do not have to mount it permanently which makes it available to move around (from truck to RV or to other RV).

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/20 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is this topic from 11 years ago [emoticon] As it says, I did talk to Sunforce tech support and confirmed it was 500 each not 1000 from one.

Apparently this newer? one is the same way. Some like to run a fridge while driving off inverter and that needs a 600w or so inverter IIRC, so some buy a 1000w for that job. This one could not do that job, eg.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea........d/tid/23238752/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

joebedford

Sheltering at home

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/20 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The last reviewer said the manual was wrong.

Not the same thing, but I have a cheapie MSW inverter that I took apart to look at the receptacles - they are wired in parallel. I guess that's the only way to tell for sure how much power each will deliver. Cheapie inverter has worked well for me for 7-8 years now. Enough juice for 2 TVs and stereo. Will charge laptop PC too. That's all I need - why pay more?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> pure sine wave 1000 watts! but only 500 watts per plug
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.