cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Publish video on youtube

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
My love/hate relationship with the computer world continues. I wish to upload and publish a video that is presently recorded on my IPad of my musical efforts. Youtube help tells me to get the youtube app. Several on the App Store. I tried the studio app since it said I can publish and edit with it.

I watched the instructional video in the help section of the youtube site. It tells me to open the app and sign in to my channel. I signed in. It tells me on the help section to click on the camera at the top of the app. No camera appears no matter what i push. I have a dashboard in the app with nothing in it. Ditto any other sub menu I try.

I am back to my usual frustration with trying to do this โ€œeasyโ€ stuff. Maybe easy for a three year old not so much for me. Help!

BTW, I have an IPad Air 2 I running chrome.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley
5 REPLIES 5

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
georgelesley wrote:
RobWNY wrote:
You have to sign in to Youtube Studio not just your channel. After clicking on the help link, type in "upload videos" and you'll get the instructions on what to do. There's also a video clip to watch. Uploading from an app is clunky at best.

Clunky is a nice way to say it. I used other words. Why did they take something that was easy and intuitive and make it nearly impossible?

Thx to all for the help

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
You have to sign in to Youtube Studio not just your channel. After clicking on the help link, type in "upload videos" and you'll get the instructions on what to do. There's also a video clip to watch. Uploading from an app is clunky at best.

Clunky is a nice way to say it. I used other words. Why did they take something that was easy and intuitive and make it nearly impossible?

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
Have you tried the actual youtube app
YOUTUBE

Thanks! I looked at that app in the App Store, but the description did nt say it would upload videos. It seemed t be mainly fr watching r streaming sound. S I passed on it.

Per your recommendation I downloaded it and finally after much more aggravating got it to upload a video. So it does work eventually once you push enough buttons. So thanks again for the help.

I do so few videos and get so flustered every time I try, I will probably switch back to Dropbox. At least I understand it and it is easy and intuitive to use. It just has a low time (gig) limit so canโ€™t post alt without paying.I was hoping to maybe expand the audience with you tube but as hard as it is to use maybe not.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried the actual youtube app
YOUTUBE