Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Publish video on youtube
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Publish video on youtube

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/20 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My love/hate relationship with the computer world continues. I wish to upload and publish a video that is presently recorded on my IPad of my musical efforts. Youtube help tells me to get the youtube app. Several on the App Store. I tried the studio app since it said I can publish and edit with it.

I watched the instructional video in the help section of the youtube site. It tells me to open the app and sign in to my channel. I signed in. It tells me on the help section to click on the camera at the top of the app. No camera appears no matter what i push. I have a dashboard in the app with nothing in it. Ditto any other sub menu I try.

I am back to my usual frustration with trying to do this “easy” stuff. Maybe easy for a three year old not so much for me. Help!

BTW, I have an IPad Air 2 I running chrome.

George & Lesley
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude Plus toad, Demco/SMI towing system

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/20 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you tried the actual youtube app
YOUTUBE

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/20 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have to sign in to Youtube Studio not just your channel. After clicking on the help link, type in "upload videos" and you'll get the instructions on what to do. There's also a video clip to watch. Uploading from an app is clunky at best.

2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

You can't put a porcupine in a barn, set it on fire, and expect to make licorice.

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fizz wrote:

Have you tried the actual youtube app
YOUTUBE

Thanks! I looked at that app in the App Store, but the description did nt say it would upload videos. It seemed t be mainly fr watching r streaming sound. S I passed on it.

Per your recommendation I downloaded it and finally after much more aggravating got it to upload a video. So it does work eventually once you push enough buttons. So thanks again for the help.

I do so few videos and get so flustered every time I try, I will probably switch back to Dropbox. At least I understand it and it is easy and intuitive to use. It just has a low time (gig) limit so can’t post alt without paying.I was hoping to maybe expand the audience with you tube but as hard as it is to use maybe not.

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

You have to sign in to Youtube Studio not just your channel. After clicking on the help link, type in "upload videos" and you'll get the instructions on what to do. There's also a video clip to watch. Uploading from an app is clunky at best.

Clunky is a nice way to say it. I used other words. Why did they take something that was easy and intuitive and make it nearly impossible?

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

georgelesley wrote:

RobWNY wrote:

Clunky is a nice way to say it. I used other words. Why did they take something that was easy and intuitive and make it nearly impossible?

Thx to all for the help

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Publish video on youtube
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.