Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide out manufacturer for 2004 Jazz by Thor

DMaxEnvy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

I have not been here for a long time. Life has been really busy!

Anyway, here is the issue.

2004 Jazz by Thor bunk house model (2780BH FW JAZZ) with single slide (12' I believe). We have owned this unit since new. No real problems to speak of (aside from tire blow outs and repairs...sigh).

Anyway, went on an Elk hunting trip and could not get the slide out to come in. It would start in then 'clunk, clunk, clunk' - I believe it is the clutch for the slide. I ended up crawling underneath and cranking it in about 1', then it would slide in though I did get back underneath to crank tight before leaving.

Who is the manufacturer for this slide? Anyone know? I just need to download the correct service information to try and adjust the clutch.

Located in Oregon and the local dealers are waaaaaaay out for scheduling service between COVID and the mass buying of RV's and the fires here that have put lots of people into RV's.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Richard
03 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC SB D/A 4WD
04 Jazz 2780 BH Fifth Wheel
07 North River Seahawk...can you say 'Tuna!'?
Wife, two wonderful kids, and a good dog...sigh, what more can a man ask for?
3 REPLIES 3

Lance_-_Jo
Explorer
Explorer
Just came across your post and wondered if you ever figured out who made the slide out. We have a 2009 2550RL and this week the slide broke and am having real problems trying to find the manufacturer for parts.

joegray
Explorer
Explorer
The clutch mechanism is probably not serviceable. I had a Jazz and I think it was made by Thor. Nice little trailer. The drive gears are probably standard on a lot of makes,pull the motor and clutch and see if there is a mfg name on the unit. Google is your friend on this search.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
We have missed your postings.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad