Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Dump Station Observations
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Dump Station Observations

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

Senior Member

Joined: 05/20/2015

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/04/20 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

No one has mentioned it, but this thread reminds me of the Robin Williams movie "RV".

Like the link watch directly above your original?


2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold


Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

Senior Member

Joined: 05/20/2015

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/04/20 12:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

phil-t wrote:

Just as much fun as watching a busy boat launch. [emoticon]


Or people trying to anchor their boats. Every pastime has its entertaining moments.

YouTube has hours of boat ramp follies & docking smash ups starring clueless boaters. You don't need to be a boater to appreciate it all, but it helps.

Somehow I don't think activities around the dump would get the same entertainment value to so many. The dumping side of RVing is not mentioned much outside of the RV community.

Or for those in the Seattle area the Ballard locks, from the Puget sound to Lake Washington. Sundays are the best viewing after the boaters have spent a weekend drinking on the sound. I digress this was about dumping and RV. [image]

down home

south

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/06/20 01:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We didn't like to sty RV parks with just dump stations. For some reason they never have ends on the hose ans the flow rate is low on the water, to boot! you cannot flush the tanks without a hose end to connect to! And the slow water flow?
At what were once ancient KOAs parks and others, it appears they want you to just pull up and let her rip and try to store your dirty hose, and leave with a black tank still with stuff in it. They don't try to update the sewer dump stations such as adding others. Stiff prices for what is offered and poor sewer dump stations. Such as is the case in one north of Ft Smith. Who was on the phone complaining and trying to get other RV Parks in the area to go to county council and city too, I suppose and get Truck stops, a Wal Mart and others posted to not allow RVs to park there. It was taking money out of his pocket but..not his putting screws in one leg of 50 amp serves, forcing everyone to use 30 amp plugs..to cut down on electric bill but still charging a high rate.
Uncut bushes and brush, extra charge for sewer hose at sites, with some mad inoperable. Laundry facilities were dirty and price was twice hat I believe I saw at other RV parks. Advertised wash RV at your site...but only permitted at one surrounded by brush. NJ Retired something or other bought the park to be his reitirement income and immediately cut services and raised prices and set to eliminate competition, to get made illegal for places RVS might park overnight.
The dump station was as describe at the first of my tirade.
Parks with just dump stations,...over the years we have noticed never upgrade or add more dump stations or much of anything else, including county and sate parks which are frequently dump stations only. We did not get into RVing to see how much aggravation and poor RVing experiences we could stay at to save 5.00.
and the infamous lime dust bath, at these parks with no pavement or even round rock which would cut down on the dust baths every time the denizens of such parks bury the throttle on their vehicles or just pulling in or out...and sitting in lien at the dump station blowing their horns to hurry the people in front of them.
Bah Humbug!

mdcamping

CT

Senior Member

Joined: 03/04/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/06/20 06:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pbeverly wrote:

4. The last guy in front of us I predicted would have his act together, he just had the look. I was so wrong. No gloves, OK, guess he is a real man. No elbow piece either. HMM. So he attempts to hold the drain hose, elbowless, in the pipe and reach over to open his drain valves. It was a LONG reach and he lost control, major environmental spillage now taking place and he had to now grab his hose in this nasty water with out gloves to get it back in the pipe.


Not everyone uses gloves, doesn't take much to get something underneath the gloves. I use the disinfectant wipes after finishing up at the dump station.

use wipes to clean the bathroom, etc also. now I have one less thing to stock for trips.

Mike


07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors.

Where we have camped


dedmiston

The West

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/06/20 09:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:


Bah Humbug!


Wow. Don't hold back.


2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230



Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/06/20 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

down home wrote:


Bah Humbug!


Wow. Don't hold back.


That was the indiscernible ramble of the week!


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

Senior Member

Joined: 10/03/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/06/20 11:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

down home wrote:


Bah Humbug!


Wow. Don't hold back.


That was the indiscernible ramble of the week!

Quite interesting rambling of non-sequitur complaints. Happy Festivus!


2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

GDS-3950BH

DC

Senior Member

Joined: 12/08/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/06/20 11:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

We didn't like to sty RV parks with just dump stations. For some reason they never have ends on the hose ans the flow rate is low on the water, to boot! you cannot flush the tanks without a hose end to connect to! And the slow water flow?
At what were once ancient KOAs parks and others, it appears they want you to just pull up and let her rip and try to store your dirty hose, and leave with a black tank still with stuff in it. They don't try to update the sewer dump stations such as adding others. Stiff prices for what is offered and poor sewer dump stations. Such as is the case in one north of Ft Smith. Who was on the phone complaining and trying to get other RV Parks in the area to go to county council and city too, I suppose and get Truck stops, a Wal Mart and others posted to not allow RVs to park there. It was taking money out of his pocket but..not his putting screws in one leg of 50 amp serves, forcing everyone to use 30 amp plugs..to cut down on electric bill but still charging a high rate.
Uncut bushes and brush, extra charge for sewer hose at sites, with some mad inoperable. Laundry facilities were dirty and price was twice hat I believe I saw at other RV parks. Advertised wash RV at your site...but only permitted at one surrounded by brush. NJ Retired something or other bought the park to be his reitirement income and immediately cut services and raised prices and set to eliminate competition, to get made illegal for places RVS might park overnight.
The dump station was as describe at the first of my tirade.
Parks with just dump stations,...over the years we have noticed never upgrade or add more dump stations or much of anything else, including county and sate parks which are frequently dump stations only. We did not get into RVing to see how much aggravation and poor RVing experiences we could stay at to save 5.00.
and the infamous lime dust bath, at these parks with no pavement or even round rock which would cut down on the dust baths every time the denizens of such parks bury the throttle on their vehicles or just pulling in or out...and sitting in lien at the dump station blowing their horns to hurry the people in front of them.
Bah Humbug!



Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaja.

Oh Brother RFLMAO!!!

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

Senior Member

Joined: 03/01/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/07/20 10:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mdcamping wrote:

pbeverly wrote:

4. The last guy in front of us I predicted would have his act together, he just had the look. I was so wrong. No gloves, OK, guess he is a real man. No elbow piece either. HMM. So he attempts to hold the drain hose, elbowless, in the pipe and reach over to open his drain valves. It was a LONG reach and he lost control, major environmental spillage now taking place and he had to now grab his hose in this nasty water with out gloves to get it back in the pipe.


Not everyone uses gloves, doesn't take much to get something underneath the gloves. I use the disinfectant wipes after finishing up at the dump station.

use wipes to clean the bathroom, etc also. now I have one less thing to stock for trips.

Mike


Yes, After I dump, gloves or not, I go inside and do a good job of washing my hands in the bathroom sink. I want to leave a little water in the tank anyway to keep the dump valves moistened.

dedmiston

The West

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/07/20 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did anyone else expect this thread to carry on as long as it has?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Dump Station Observations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.