cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do you use for Roadside Assistance?

Danpaine
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks. I've used Good Sam Roadside Assistance for years, luckily with very few times I've actually had to use it. The service has been fine, but my term is about to expire and it's up to $225 annually. I'm wondering if there's anything comparable or better out there for the same or less money. Good Sam came with our new rig in 2016 for five years, so time to shop, or simply re-up? Thanks in advance for any assistance (pun not intended).
2016 Forest River Forester
15 REPLIES 15

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Coach Net is the premier service!

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
CoachNet great service for 6 years now.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
The first thing I would do is DukDukgo RV towing service complaints. Real eye opener there. Break down in a metro or heavily traveled area and not a lot of issues. Rural areas can have some real issues. The big complaint I have is if you have towing, you get towed! I do not want to be towed to an unknown shop, unless there are no other options!

That said I have the premier service which is Coach-Net, I am grandfathered in to the old rate and they have increased their premiums! I also carry State Farm ERS ryder, which may seen foolish. However is is $3.20 year, yes $3.20!

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We have had Good Sam for many years, we have only used them twice but it was on the same trip. They towed us 70 miles to an RV dealer where we could plug in for the night. The next day I had their mechanic check the motor home and he found a blown fuse and test drove it . He said we were fixed and charged us $100 and sent us on our way. It ran fine for the first day and then the second day we were within 10 miles of our destination and it quit running again. I called GS and they sent a tow truck but said it was an existing condition and I would have to pay. They towed us to a camp ground and the next day to a Chevrolet dealer who fixed the real problem. When we got home I appealed my case to GS and told them they towed us to a dealer that did not fix the problem the first time and they sent me a check for the second tow! I have been very satisfied with Good Sam towing service!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Me - Myself & I. Needed some help with a couple flat tires, the tire shop assistance was very reasonable.

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
I have never had to use Roadside service,BECAUSE i have AAA insurance and with my wife and myself we have 400 miles of towing, that way we can be towed to a good rv repair shop. So many times i here about someone getting ripped of when on the road by service shops that will see you once and never again and you pay to much

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We have used AAA for years and have no complaints.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam ERS. Have used it for over a decade, and it's always been decent. Oddly enough, never for a motorhome, usually for a personal vehicle.
I renewed earlier this year for 5 years, and only paid around US$150/year for the Platinum Plan which covers motorhomes and other assorted personal vehicles. It is pricey, if you only renew annually.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use coach Net, needed them once and the service was fine and after a number of years they are still right at $100 a year for all of the coverage I have ever needed.. Using your auto insurance for an RV can be full of rude surprises and coverage gaps... beware. One very popular company will not come into an RV park or campground, some will not change out a flat if it is one of your duallies etc.

Be sure you understand when and just how far they will tow you and your rig. Is it to the nearest point of repair, is it their choice? What about whatever you happen to be towing? When my F-150 TV broke down we needed a tow rig capable of towing the truck and our small trailer. Not everyone provides that service without additional charge.

Good luck.

:C

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
We have Good Sam. Like you, we've needed their services a few times, and have been totally satisfied.

Check their website. They have a few different plans. Maybe you don't need their most expensive one.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I use my insurance provider. In my case it's Travelers but I also have it in my RV insurance package through Progressive in case I get grief from one or the other.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Coach-net

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
My own insurance provider, state farm.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
Check with your insurance carrier. Towing is included in ours.

Ken
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369

Our Blog: Lawrence Adventures