cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Airflow

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed a unit called RV Airflow on my rv and it made a big difference. What it dose is eliminates the divider and makes the entire intake bring in air instead of just half of the intake which gives you a lot more discharge through air vents. Now on warm days my unit dose not end up running all day. This will delete the 2 big outlets on the AC itself because the vents would put unfiltered air into the unit. My RV gets nice and cold now.
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK
10 REPLIES 10

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
Before my AC could not keep up even if the outside temps were only at 80 deg. Now the unit cools nice and the AC cycles during the day. I'm happy with this upgrade but more important my wife is happy!
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I open my windows and it gets really cold in my trailer now. lol

Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
This technique helps too if there's gaps where the ceiling panels meet the duct work.
I had the same issue in my Keystone Outback. Solved it with duct tape. On top of that, the ends of the ducts were open, blowing air into the ceiling gap. I had to block them off with cardboard.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
This technique helps too if there's gaps where the ceiling panels meet the duct work.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Does it work for you? If it does, that's all that matters. ๐Ÿ™‚

Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't beat yourself up Old-Biscuit. I'm sure this company is buried in some serious debt at the moment. They probably spent or borrowed a million $ to get to this point. Molds are not cheap. It will take some time for them to realize a profit at this price point.

I would be hard pressed to give up my chill grille. It's almost required down here in Texas. One of the main reasons we are winter campers is the AC doesn't keep up and there's not much we can do about it. I would try one of these for $75, but not $175.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did that 'mod' 12 yrs ago
Removed chill grille.
Made an 'inverted V' out of coroplast and installed it in plenum
Reinstalled chill grille

Fan room air blows down and splits due to the 'inverted V' directing the airflow out into the ducts
And if you open Chill Grille vents is still blows directly Down

Airflow thru ducts and chill grille was increased....5vr cools down quite well in high temps

Dang...Missed the boat---should have patented 12 yrs ago
I could have been a millionaire
Dang, Dang, Dang
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Did it myself to my Dometic AC using some sheet metal. I noticed the same thing as the inventor, it dumps cold air into a box where it has to bounce around until finding its way to the ductwork. It is really a poor design and using some method to direct the air smoothly to the duct openings helps the flow and speed.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Awful expensive for pennies worth of plastic. OP, how long have you had it? Does it get your camper cooler than without, or does it simply get to your desired temperature sooner?

The video is greatly oversimplified. I'd have to guess that the majority of turbulence in the system is from the narrow ducts and the poorly designed turns and 90 degree vents.

One of the benefits of the AC dumps is that on a hot day you can open the dumps and cool the main living area more efficiently than the vents that are in the minimally insulated ceiling, baking in the sun. I'd be worried about getting rid of that advantage... but I'm curious about increasing the cooling ability overall.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like a worthwhile mod if you have a Coleman Mach A/C and one of the compatible RV models.

RV Airflow
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate