cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning problem! All it does is click.

Northwest
Explorer
Explorer
So when i got home from work this evening the wind was blowing off and on and so i thought it a good time to bring in the awning. So i went to hit the switch and it only rolled up a few revolutions and then stopped i went to try and roll it up again and all it did was make a click sound at the awning front. Any ideas what is going on with it?
Dometic 9100 series
Mfg/PNC: 958518908
Mfg no. 915EH16.500U
Serial no. 10997217
SKU no. 9108674439
5 REPLIES 5

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
That clicking is the electric brake (in the awning motor assembly) kicking in, 12v releases the brake. If voltage is low the brake will not release.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is the motor turning but the awning not rolling up?
I had an issue a few years back where the cap, the part on the end of the tube with three screws in it, had the center hole round out.
And here is the bad part, you can't buy the $12 cap. It comes with the several hundred dollar motor. Luckily mine still had a month of warranty left so they sent me a new motor for nothing. I did fix the old one by drilling a hole through the cap and shaft and putting a roll pin through it so I have a spare that is much more solid than the factory version.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Edit: mine is a lippert, looks like the dometic motor is $$$
My motor died, and was doing the same thing.
Ordered a replacement from Amazon, and took like 15 min to replace it. Cost was under $100
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Motor has a dead Spot in it its time for a new motor

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The awning may be Stuck, Sometimes the Rib will work it's way out and wrap around the shaft (If that's what happened you will clearly see it.

Option 2 is not so nice and a 400 or 500 parts bill plus 1 hr labor. so I'm not going there (Seen it once)

There are two manual overrides described in your owner's manual.. ONE reuires a jumper battery or other 12 volt source and a cable that should be in the Owner's bag (One rig I worked on it was not) the other a screwdriver and damages the wiring.. but that's the court of last resort (What we had to do) 2 days later a pro replaced the motor... TWICE. But since yours started to roll up I think you are better off than he was.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times