Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New to us 2006 Winnebago
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> New to us 2006 Winnebago

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are car cords available for laptops that can run from a lighter socket, without the need for a generator or inverter. I got a generic/universal one that comes with connectors for many different laptops from Amazon for about $30, and it works nicely for my ThinkPad.

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

The older style RVs usually had a plug (female receptacle) in one of the storage bays. Probably the bay where the power cord enters. When you plug into shore power, the plug goes to the receptacle on the pedestal.

All depends on the individual rig, the 1998 Gulfstream C I used to own had an auto transfer switch, and even "way back then" they were common.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 05:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, Regarding using your laptop.
Research it, there is a lot of info out there. Monitor which device you use. I know there are more qualified people on this forum than me that would know and could explain the specifics .

You have to be careful using some adaptors bc they can overheat . You are using a 12v power source to run a 19v laptop. Be aware of heat build up on the adaptor device or the laptop itself.
Also, sometimes a flickering laptop screen will occur if the power supplied is not 'clean PSW power' as it is at home. That might depend on the particular laptop/adaptor circuitry.

fourthclassC

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/20 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All good and excellent advice here. I have a 2003 winnebago mini 24v. There is no transfer switch. The AC must be plugged in as shown above for the generator to work with the vehicle.

But not related to this stuff, check your over head bunk area for leaks on the sides. This vintage winni is subject to insuffecitnt seal at the corner molding below the side windows of the over head bunk. Seveal other owners of similiar yoar winnies have share this with me and they were right. Gotta seal it up with Dicor or some other method. I completely removed the molding and coverd the corners with eternabond then replace the aluminum molding.
PM if you want more details.

fourthclassC

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/20 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a clarification to my post above. Where I said AC (not air conditioner, althogh that will only work when plugged into the generator outlet in the compartment or campground plug) I mean the shore power cord must be plugged in

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> New to us 2006 Winnebago
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.