SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Indications are good, that the boarder will be closed well into 2021

Trudeau indicates Canada-U.S. border restrictions to last a long time

Soup
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks
10 REPLIES 10

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crowe - X2
Unfortunately some people just don't get it and that keeps the virus raging along. Health care authorities don't have a clue according to these people, so these people just carry along in their stupid ways putting other people in harm.
Makes you really wonder about society as a whole.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
No, the current testing is simply a joke to keep the public in a continuous panic mode. It only tells what your status is THAT SECOND.

Proof that is a joke, please.

If you keep your distance, don't associate with strangers

Strangers have nothing to do with it. A good portion of surges now are related to family gatherings.

I don't have a solution, but if you think the docs or the politicians do, you're living in LA-LA Land. Until the vaccine is out and MILLIONS are injected, nothing will happen. We're going on with our lives. We has 21 family for Thanksgiving, expect the same for Christmas, we go out to eat, shop, visit friends, drove to my son's in Florida for a visit. Based on demonstrated stupidities, I refuse to climb into a hole because some ridiculous politician is playing WHAT IF.

Well bully for you. I will pray for you that nothing happens. I have two dead family members that can prove you wrong. You carry insurance due to "what if". Why not adopt that philosophy for this? You COULD save a life. I haven't climbed into hole a myself but I'm smart enough to take precautions. Those of you who keep doubling down because some authority suggested to be careful are a big part of the problem. I believe in science. You believe in chance. Good luck.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
We will never be able to stop everyone who chooses to "cheat"-in reality it's not a lot different than those who live in one state but register their MH in another to avoid taxes. With the way things are it would be a huge surprise-and risk-to open the border. Why they still allow air travel between the two countries is beyond me though.
No, the current testing is simply a joke to keep the public in a continuous panic mode. It only tells what your status is THAT SECOND. If you keep your distance, don't associate with strangers and use common sense, you're fine. If you feel poorly, go to a hospital or doctor. If you're very sick, go to the ER. Those people will then be able to to tell you if testing is appropriate, and what treatment is required. Even if you're confirmed positive in my area but not desperately ill, the hospitals are sending you HOME. If you feel fine and get tested you are only a among a very small part of the population who MAY know your status (that second). What are you expected to do while waiting for results? Test results here take 6-7 days. Hold your breath and wait? How many people have the ability to isolate as the medical clowns want you to. Separate rooms, bathrooms, dishes, silverware, linens, entrances and exits, (Don't touch the doorknobs, doors, hand rails) Who cooks, cleans, cleans up, shops? Who disinfects the car you rode in to go get tested? Where do the disinfectants come from? My grocery shelves are bare.

Yes, this disease is bad, especially for the compromised, but other than hiding in a basement or going into isolation in a hospital, NO ONE REALLY KNOWS HOW TO TREAT OR PREVENT IT. My wife and I (79 &78 YO) had the worst colds we've had in over 5 years a month ago, after doing all the mask and following every other arcane recommendation for 3 months before that. Yeah, common cold (a virus). Went to the docs, they took temps, asked some stupid questions, (have you been out of the country in the last 30 days?) and then we went on with our previous scheduled appointments. When asked about it, they shrugged and said, if it got much worse, go to the hospital, the hotbed of disease.

I don't have a solution, but if you think the docs or the politicians do, you're living in LA-LA Land. Until the vaccine is out and MILLIONS are injected, nothing will happen. We're going on with our lives. We has 21 family for Thanksgiving, expect the same for Christmas, we go out to eat, shop, visit friends, drove to my son's in Florida for a visit. Based on demonstrated stupidities, I refuse to climb into a hole because some ridiculous politician is playing WHAT IF.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We will never be able to stop everyone who chooses to "cheat"-in reality it's not a lot different than those who live in one state but register their MH in another to avoid taxes. With the way things are it would be a huge surprise-and risk-to open the border. Why they still allow air travel between the two countries is beyond me though.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
We evicted our boarders so no problem here.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
pigman1 wrote:
bgum wrote:
Soon you will need proof of a very recent test showing negative in order to fly. At that point your point about land border dies
Sure. That'll work well until you pass the first stranger on the street, go shopping for groceries, or Walmart for a present, drugs or any of a thousand other things. Just more pronouncements by the ignorant about topics they have absolutely no knowledge of and only are concerned about their political future. "You do it...I don't have to" has been their demonstrated attitude.

Or, you get on a plane with some positive yet asymptomatic passengers who obtained fake test results. Itโ€™s already happened.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
Soon you will need proof of a very recent test showing negative in order to fly. At that point your point about land border dies
Sure. That'll work well until you pass the first stranger on the street, go shopping for groceries, or Walmart for a present, drugs or any of a thousand other things. Just more pronouncements by the ignorant about topics they have absolutely no knowledge of and only are concerned about their political future. "You do it...I don't have to" has been their demonstrated attitude.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

bgum
Explorer
Explorer

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Man, this whole topic is just getting a bit tiresome. Ridiculous closing the land border when anyone can fly in. And with the way cases are skyrocketing in Canada, obviously having no effect. Won't be long we'll be matching the US #'s per capita.
2010 Suncruiser

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Canadaโ€™s aggressiveness in trying to protect its citizens is great. Our border can be opened early if things change.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad