cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are the Mr Heaters cheaper in price?

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
The 10,000 BTU Mr Heater is 25% off on amazon right now. I was all excited. It let me place the order. But i think pretty soon i will get the email saying it cant ship to cali. Bummer man. Seems like a good deal.

The Camco olymipians much more expensive. Been wanting a cat heater for several winters now.

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-Corporation-Vent-Free-Radiant/dp/B01DPZ5B2I/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&key...
12 REPLIES 12

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Humidity is often a problem when RVing in cold temperatures. Unvented combustion heaters of any type put large amounts of moisture in the air, your furnace does not.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Im loving my Big Buddy. I got it for the 3 heat levels and im glad i did. Zero CO means complete combustion but Its curtains when the O2 gets too low. I keep a window cracked at each end of the rv. 1CF of LP = ~ 2500 btus. ~ 2.5 times hotter than NG. 1LB LP = ~ 21500 btu. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone seen this heater in action? Did a quick YouTube search and not finding any review videos.

I feel like there must be an advantage to a more expensive catalytic heater. I'm on 120v and should do the math. Wonder if electric would actually be cheaper. I would need to learn ballpark propane usage of the Mr Heater.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Taylor Dzman had a buddy heater in his truck camper and ran around with a portable carbon monoxide detector taking measurements from all angles and distances including right up against it..The reading was always zero...His video's are still on youtube..

Impressive
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
rdhetrick wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:

Many will go to sleep this winter with a gas heater, especially Catalytic types. And wake up... NEVER.. thanks to the heater.

I'm really curious to know actually how many people have died from this. I hear it repeated all over, but I wonder how much truth is behind it.

I came across this video a few weeks ago, for anyone using or considering using one, I think it's worth watching...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVsfXuq1KFA

I see posts all the time from people that DIED and then posted a bad review:B Just kidding. I think this is one time Canada and California have a GOOD REGULATION for possible bad results from marginal products in regards to safety. Doug

Bend
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted.

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:

Many will go to sleep this winter with a gas heater, especially Catalytic types. And wake up... NEVER.. thanks to the heater.

I'm really curious to know actually how many people have died from this. I hear it repeated all over, but I wonder how much truth is behind it.

I came across this video a few weeks ago, for anyone using or considering using one, I think it's worth watching...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVsfXuq1KFA
Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sjm9911 wrote:
Just make sure you crack a vent went using it, and make sure your co detecter works. Or get one if you dont have one.

You can say that again and by the magic of QUOTE you just did.

IN fact this can not be said often enough.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure you crack a vent went using it, and make sure your co detecter works. Or get one if you dont have one.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If working properly, either one should use about the same amount of propane for the same heat output, assuming both are unvented. It's the same basic chemical reactions taking place in either case; you're combining the propane with oxygen to produce water and carbon dioxide, the same basic thing as burning any hydrocarbon, and that releases the same amount of energy (i.e. heat) regardless of how exactly it's done.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Oh I see.
Darn think someone taught me that last winter.

I'm not really sure what I want. Catalytic must use a lot less propane? Might cancel the order now.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
The Mr. Heater products are not catalytic, they are referred to as a blue flame heater and are much cheaper to produce.

If it is what you want the price is the lowest in the past 30 days and is a 25 percent savings.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900