Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Does anyone use an aftermarket Tire pressure system?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Does anyone use an aftermarket Tire pressure system?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am in the market for this insurance..and since my last trip to Texas had me with not one, but two tire failures, I figure for safety concerns, it's time to bite the bullet. I'm really not wanting a brand war as to keep it a clean post but as to... do you have one, do you like what you have, does it do the job and is it worth it??

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to know as well. I had a couple of different kinds years ago and they didn't work very well. You had to install them in some kind of order and stuff like that. I probably still have them out in the barn.

billtex

RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hear you. After a blowout on our last truck I bought a cheapie off Amazon;

Vesafe Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). This thing worked great!
The ability to monitor psi brings great peace of mind. Especially after having a failure.

The new truck has factory TPMS so I put this on our Son’s car. Money well spent.

2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a Tire Minder because I got a discount from a Youtuber and like it, but I don't have any other experience. It works well.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the factory one on my truck disabled. [emoticon]

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of us in "Towing World" do. My 2012 F350 DRW didn't come with one, so I use a TireMinder A1A with 10 sensors for the truck and the fifth wheel (it will monitor up to 22 tire positions if I wanted to put sensors on both spares). Before I started using Sailun load range G tires on the trailer, the TPMS saved my butt a couple of times.

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm pretty happy with the EEZTire - works great on my 6 wheel E-450 chassis Class C. I got an extra sensor to keep an eye on the spare. It supports up to 26 sensors, so should work with any RV plus you can monitor a towed vehicle. They sell a repeater, but I didn't need one, it works reliably without one.

I've heard good things about the TireMinder as well.

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tireminder 1A1S

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2018 Timber Ridge 24RLS (bought pre-owned 3/12/20)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

Bradymydog

Western MA

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 04:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Two years ago, I purchased ORO Technology W410 TPMS off Amazon. It has worked great, a quick glance and I can see tire pressure. The sensors are inside the tire not external which I wanted. It is very accurate and programmable. I even used it to verify my other tire pressure gauges and throw defective ones away. If 3 gauges agree and 4th doesn't, 4th is trashed. Prior to that, I had one in each vehicle and trusted each. Very satisfied after 25000 miles of use and highly recommend it. Note: the sensors are tire specific so when you rotate your tires, the location isn't correct which for me is no big deal.

Fishbreath

home

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put a TST system on my Class A. It was a very finicky system. The sensors screwed onto the valve stem of each tire and the fronts stuck out enough that they could be knocked off if you brushed a curb. I did brush a curb with my system and the sensor got knocked off and the tire began to deflate. In a most ironic fashion, the monitor never set off an alarm! You would thing that a sensor disconnect would at least tell you that it lost contact between the monitor and the sensor. TST told me that a "lost signal" will just continue to display the "last known value". I literally was parked on the side of the road with a completely flat tire and the monitor still said that the tire had 75 psi.
The sensors were a "flow through" design, meaning that you could fill the tire up with the sensor on the valve stem. Unfortunately, the sensors dramatically decreased the volume of air that you could put in the tire. Adding a few PSI could take several minutes.
Each time you started up the system it could take up to ten minutes for the monitor to read all of the tires and display their pressure and temperature.
I think there are better solutions out there than the TST brand.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Does anyone use an aftermarket Tire pressure system?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.