cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Service Animal Ruling

dturm
We've had many discussions about service animal certification and the lack of uniform policy. People have been able to obtain service certification online for dubious causes and that has in turn poisoned the attitude many have when real service animals are needed.

The airlines are instituting a more restrictive attitude towards emotional support animals.

New Rules
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV
7 REPLIES 7

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I'm pretty sure I heard them say on last night's news that "comfort animals" will now be riding in the cargo bay if they must travel with their owners (and they will be charged to ride there, too)

Hopefully this step forward in weeding out fake service animals will encourage other businesses to do the same. I was astounded one day to see a lady sitting at a bar (indoors), with her Pomeranian wearing a "service dog" vest sitting in the seat next to her, and they were sharing her dinner.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Darn'it I was planning on taking my therapy elephant on the next flight.

No way in hades I would subject my Collies to Comercial Aviation. That's what private jets are for.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wish the rules were also applied in other areas as well. It's really annoying to be told I must wear a face mask when entering a store for "health reasons", but then allow people to take the non-service pets into those same stores in clear violation of health code regulations. Worse yet is seeing someone plot a lap dog into a grocery cart while doing their food shopping.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
My support goats won’t be able to fly with me?

No. And, you can't take your support Black Manna on a leash with you.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Some used the privilege to skirt the rules. We are pet lovers but this is over due.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
My support goats won’t be able to fly with me?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's about time.