Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Grand Canyon RV parks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Grand Canyon RV parks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
mxdad777

Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking to make our first trip next summer to the Grand Canyon area. My 3 adult kids and their families will be going with us so we will have a total of 4 trailers and 6 grandkids ages 2 to 12. Prefer to have full hookups, but am open to ideas. Anyone have any recommendations they could share. Thanks!

* This post was edited 12/02/20 06:39pm by mxdad777 *

2018 Rockwood Signature 8299BS 5th wheel
2019 GMC Duramax 4x4

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know where you are going to end up, but you better make reservation PDQ

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Thom02099

Loveland,CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mxdad777 wrote:

Looking to make our first trip next summer to the Grand Canyon area. My 3 adult kids and their families will be going with us so we will have a total of 4 trailers and 6 grandkids. Prefer to have full hookups, but am open to ideas. Anyone have any recommendations they could share. Thanks!

H E R E - Trailer Village is the place to be, for what you're looking for. Inside the park, full hookups, within walking distance to shops and restaurants, and a shuttle stop at the entrance to get you any place you want to go in the South Rim area. Park and forget about having to drive anywhere. Shuttle can do it and there's no charge.

Make reservations as soon as you have a firm date of arrival, and do that as soon as possible, to make reservations NOW so you're more likely to get spaces that are in close proximity.

2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

mxdad777

Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 06:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

H E R E - Trailer Village is the place to be, for what you're looking for. Inside the park, full hookups, within walking distance to shops and restaurants, and a shuttle stop at the entrance to get you any place you want to go in the South Rim area. Park and forget about having to drive anywhere. Shuttle can do it and there's no charge.

Make reservations as soon as you have a firm date of arrival, and do that as soon as possible, to make reservations NOW so you're more likely to get spaces that are in close proximity.

Thanks for the info. My next question is...are there plenty of things do if we stay for a week or are we going to be bored after 2 or 3 days? Trying to decide if we want to stay a week there or stay a few days and then move on to a different location like Bryce National Park.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A timely topic.....I just booked 6 nights at Trailer Village for April and I guess I share your questions about occupying those days. My feeling is to just take your time as you visit each area....on those darn bus/train tours you are always rushed( we did enjoy the GC Train out of Williams though). Either way, enjoy your time at the Canyon!

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Lwiddis

South of Lone Pine, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The park’s attraction is the canyon. If you can entertain yourselves, travel to the different views, hike part way down and watch the colors change, you’ll be fine. If you need amusements, a week is too long inside the park.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depends on your predilections, there is more than enough to do if you get out and hike the trails, ride your bikes, look at the overlooks and otherwise get out of your RVs. You can even drive down to the river. If you mainly hang around the RV that would depend on your crowd.

Oh yeaah, it could be distinctly on the warm side by June.

mxdad777

Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We definitely aren’t the type of family that hangs out at the RV all day. We like to be out doing things and site seeing. We do enjoy camp fires and playing games in the evening. I’m not sure AZ in July will warrant a campfire, but A/C and games might be in order. We just don’t want to book someplace for a week and after 3 days we’ve done and seen everything there is to do within 30 miles of our camp site. Thanks again for the feedback.

jk31668

so. Fla.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 08:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we were there last year in mid july. very high altitude. days needed ac and nites needed heater.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As beautiful as the canyon is, my opinion 3-4 days is enough. One day checking the east side from the camping and hotel areas. And another on the west side. A couple days for everything else. The overlooks are amazing. But really they are all very similar, but from different perspectives.

And I agree. Getting spaces for four trailers in prime tourist season you better do it ASAP.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Grand Canyon RV parks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.