Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New F350 Tremor with a SB Camper
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> New F350 Tremor with a SB Camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/20 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nv Guy wrote:

What the dealer says they can order and what Ford will actually build are two different things.
The 2020 order guide states the following-specifically "Not Available With":

CAMPER PACKAGE (471)
Availability:
? Optional on XL, XLT, Lariat and King Ranch®, Platinum (DRW)
Not available with:
? 20" Wheels and Tires
? Pickup Box Delete (66D)
? Heavy-Service Front Suspension Package (67H)
?Tremor Off-Road Package (17Y)

Maybe you get lucky and it slips thru, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Just an observation, but recently some on here were touting (on F150s iirc) how “20” wheels” are stronger and that’s why they are on the HDPP trucks.....
Shows that rim size is generally not part of the equation based on the above.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/20 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fish mojo wrote:

Thinking about getting a new Ford Lariat F-350 CC SB SRW with the 7.3 gas engine. The Tremor package has 18” wheels with 35” Duratrac tires, 2” factory lift, 4.30 gears, and off-road springs and shocks. I think this will come in with around 3600 pound payload.

Do you think you could safely put a 8-11 Northern Lite camper on this? Actual dry weight 2715.

Absolutely, just have to stiffen up the rear suspension since it’s softer on the Tremor.
But the “Tremor” package is largely bling and marketing (at a significant mark up) to attract the impressionable consumer.
(And a really cheezy name, but I digress)

On another note, lifts and heavy TCs don’t get along the best. So regardless of the additional cost of the Trrrrremor, you’re getting a truck that is less ideal for TC hauling.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/20 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stevenal wrote:

Fish mojo wrote:

The option selector on the Ford website would not let me select the camper option without kicking me out of the Tremor package, which I really want.

I couldn't get my desired build out of the website either. No problem at the dealership.

That's most likely Ford's restrictions.
I wanted King Ranch option, when ordering my Ford dually back in 2016, but they wouldn't do it with supercab. I had very good salesman working with me, but he couldn't do anything about it.
Had to settle for Lariat.
Same way ordering electric cabin heater automatically kicked me into dual alternators, what is stupid IMHO, but no way around it.

* This post was edited 12/07/20 08:05am by Kayteg1 *

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Tremor and Camper package both include specialized spring packs for their respective packages.

Odds are Ford does not produce a spring pack that does both, which is why you can't get both packages on the same truck.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last time I check camper package with Ford was stronger FRONT anti-sway bar and that's it.

markchengr

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bad idea to use a truck with a lift kit to carry a camper. Raises the center of gravity making it more tippy, increases sway and it hits 2 more inches of low hanging branches. Been there done that, you won't be happy.

hedge

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 09:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sure Op is long gone but in case not I actually have a Tremor so thought maybe I could offer some real world info.

-Payload sticker on my 2020 F350 with 7.3 gas engine and KR trim is 3647, You can get a higher payload with a lower trim model.

-RAWR is slightly reduced at 6950 vs 7230 I believe for non-tremor. I suspect this is because of the slightly softer springs.

-Tire rating is good at 4067 each

-It actually doesn't have a 2" lift, that's Ford marketing it's actually 1/2" taller coil springs in the front and the other 1.5" is from the diameter of the tires

-It is not available with camper package as that would include the rear sway bar which is detrimental to the off-road nature of the truck. The front sway bar is also a smaller diameter for more articulation.

I actually do plan to carry my 89RB on this truck. It has a higher payload than my 2012 that carried it fine. I expect I'll be close to RAWR. I have air bags to accommodate for the softer springs. Trying to avoid adding the sway bar but may have to.

2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> New F350 Tremor with a SB Camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.