Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Who writes these headlines?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Who writes these headlines?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/20 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

gbopp wrote:

They're probably written by the same type of people who require warnings on the bottle to tell you not to drink bleach.

That one is not as funny as you might think,, I recall earlier this year a few folks did just that. Quite a few in fact.

But yes... A lot of warnings are due to CYA lawyers

in the case of the candle warning. I'd have to read more (Thank you Google) turns out they burn a bit.. er.. faster, higher and hotter than most candles of that type.

Candle recall: Nearly 143,000 candles sold at Dollar Tree recalled as high flames could pose fire, burn hazards. Small votive candles sold exclusively at Dollar Tree stores are being recalled because they pose fire and burn hazards. ... They were sold at Dollar Tree stores nationwide from July through September 2020 for $1

Maybe they should have charged $2.00.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/20 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They are written by FAILED LAWYERS the same ones you elect.

Z-Peller

Oceanside BC

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 02:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My favorite?....prostate medication with warning label " this medication not to be taken by pregnant women"....HUH??

Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 05:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My favorite product warning label?

I bought a pack of salted peanuts from the vending machine at work. While snacking on said peanuts, I started reading the back of the package. Right there near the bottom: "WARNING!!! May contain peanuts." Aside from the obvious warning that a pack of peanuts may have peanuts in it, it was the "May contain" part that disturbed me. I would hope my pack of salted peanuts Does contain peanuts.

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, unfortunately a vast majority of population is uninformed, illiterate and or lacks common sense hence the reason for warnings that may appear painfully obvious but protects the manufacturer.

Just recently on Thanksgiving day a local family lost their entire home to fire while deep frying a Turkey on kitchen table.....they were running low on peanut oil so added a solo cup of water, true story.

While I don't lack empathy and wife and I contributed to the charity, this could have been avoided.

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kellem wrote:

Yep, unfortunately a vast majority of population is uninformed, illiterate and or lacks common sense hence the reason for warnings that may appear painfully obvious but protects the manufacturer.

Just recently on Thanksgiving day a local family lost their entire home to fire while deep frying a Turkey on kitchen table.....they were running low on peanut oil so added a solo cup of water, true story.

While I don't lack empathy and wife and I contributed to the charity, this could have been avoided.

WOW!! [emoticon]

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CHINESE FIREWORK

WARNING! DO NOT USE INDOOR

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kellem wrote:

People acting stupid with turkey fryers has caused a lot of fires. Watched a group lower the bird, overflow pot, cover a concrete drive with burning oil. Would of been a good story, no harm done, except they grabbed the hose to spread the fire into both car and house.
Of course the main source of this kind of problem is the idea democracy requires us to accept "My ignorance is as good as your education"

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can NOT Legislate STUPID nor protect STUPID with warning labels

Cigarettes started having warning labels in 1966
Did not STOP me from starting to smoke NOR stop me from continuing to smoke

Stupid....YES!!!

Finally quit in 2014 not because I 'got smart' but because SHE has COPD/Asthma and I didn't like sitting outside in the cold smoking

Warning Labels do NOT prevent/protect from being STUPID!

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Who writes these headlines?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.