Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Shout out to Enumclaw Dodge....for the Wet Side Mopar owners
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Shout out to Enumclaw Dodge....for the Wet Side Mopar owners

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/20 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since there’s a fair number of folks from around here, figured I’d post my GOOD experience with the service dept at Enumclaw Dodge dealer.
Took both the 2016 truck and 2016 car in for some recall and warranty work.
Truck is out of warranty and deleted, but the PO never had any recalls done, specifically the water pump.
Scheduled in easy, very accommodating. Zero issue with them doing recalls on a “modified” rig. Told them do not flash the ecm for anything. They understood. I declined the drag link “recall” (welding the lock nuts....), no problem. They did all the other recalls no problem.
Car only has a couple weeks left of the 3/36 warranty and is slowly loosing coolant again. It’s not evident where and only small amount and likely the radiator. Known issue with these cars. But I mainly wanted to get it documented lest it get worse in the near future after warranty is up. I explained this. They pressure tested, test drove. Confirmed they couldn’t find leak and actually said now this is documented in case you have issues with the radiator in the future it will be covered.

Good service is hard to come by sometimes, and this place is one of the good ones!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Freeway Flyer 05

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/20 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for sharing. I always went to Tom Matson, used to know many of the guys in back. Don't know anyone now that is owned by Bub Clary.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 02:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used to have an awesome GM dealer close by both for sales and service until it was bought up by a local mega chain. I went in for a recall two weeks after the change and before the truck was out of the writer bay they were pushing wiper blades and scabin air filter to the tune of $110, both of which were almost new.

Hopefully the one you found remains that way.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 03:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be sure to check your coolant level after a couple heat cycles.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/07/20 04:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you can smell coolant but can't find it it may be getting vaporized by the cooling fan before it hits the ground. Most of my leak issues have been on the back side of the radiator.
If you can't smell coolant after driving I would suspect an internal engine issue. What does the tailpipe smell like or are there any moisture drips out the pipe after the car has fully warmed up and it's fairly warm out.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/07/20 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice to hear a positive report.

May not be your issue, but a coolant leak, that cannot be found, possibly a small crack in block, that will worsen over time. Good you have your issue documented!

I purchased a new Honda car for wife, some years ago. About a year later, got a warranty bulletin, about coolant loss (no sign of leak), and design flaw, could cause block to crack, cause of coolant loss. They extended the warranty 10 additional years, to cover this issue (replace block), if it happened.

She didn't like the car, wanted SUV (grocery getter), so I sold car, with only 15K miles, to a relative for cheap, bought a new Ford Escape for her. The Honda owners happy, wife happy, all is good, for now!

Jerry

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Thanks for the advice on the coolant loss issue. I’m pretty familiar with it and with these engines and it’s 99% chance it’s the radiator again. Last SRT took 100k miles before it was loosing enough to make a drip on the floor. Very small loss couple drips gets blown away while driving. It’s not burning coolant I’m most certain. Just tryin to actually use the warranty on the first car I’ve had with warranty since about 2004!

And good call on the truck. I do need to check it now that it’s been driven a few times.
Think they done it right since these rigs are pretty sensitive on coolant level and low coolant light.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can absolutely smell coolant after driving the car. It’s an external leak.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/20 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Dealer gave me an extra partial gallon per my request. Yep I used a lot of it.

They did take it for a ride but I think it takes a couple cycles.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/20 12:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Still haven’t looked at it, but will.
When the Charger got its new radiator it was like 3 quarts low a week later. But that was just a poor repair job. They missed the fitting with one radiator hose clamp too! Lol
(And didn’t tighten the clamp on the intake, but who’s counting).
Not Enumclaw, Tacoma Dodge.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Shout out to Enumclaw Dodge....for the Wet Side Mopar owners
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.