Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford Option - TPMS and RV Camera

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford offers this as an option.

Are there any issues with TPMS on most new RV's? Specifically will the wheels accept it? Does it require the installation of a repeater? I'm assuming the truck recognizes the trailer TPMS just like the truck tires?

It looks like the camera is a wired unit. Does the Ford system allow to watch the rear camera while driving? How difficult is the camera installation, and is it worth it?
3 REPLIES 3

toddcooper171
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TPMS and Camera on my 2017 F350 so not sure if anything has changed since then.

The TPMS works great. I had the sensors installed on two different sets of wheels no problems. The package came with a box that got installed on the trailer frame that i assume is a repeater which is hardwired as a part of the harness that connects to the truck. I have a 30' trailer and no problem with signal.

The camera on the other hand leaves something to be desired in its integration into my truck. The installation was easy - I just ran the cable along the trailer frame and then I ran in up my ladder to the top of the trailer. It does not work when driving forward so its usage is really limited to reverse. The issue is in reverse, even when the trailer is hooked up when you put the truck in reverse it still defaults to the trucks rear view camera and you have to manually select the trailer rear view camera. So you can imagine the frustration if you are using it in a situation where you are maneuvering forward and reverse and have to select it every time.

I bought the truck off the lot and the camera was already part of the build but assuming they have not improved it I would skip it and go aftermarket. The TPMS works great through.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Yes, tire pressure monitors for the TT or 5er are nice.
No repeater is necessary on my Silverado. Wouldnโ€™t think Ford is different. Check Ford literature.

I have aftermarket on my TT. It came with a repeater, but didn't need to use it.

Ford integrated system would be a whole lot nicer.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, tire pressure monitors for the TT or 5er are nice.
No repeater is necessary on my Silverado. Wouldnโ€™t think Ford is different. Check Ford literature.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad