Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible cell provider introducing 5G

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's info I received in an email from Visible:

"5G is coming soon.

We’re excited to announce that Visible is launching 5G for compatible iPhones in the coming weeks, with compatible Android devices to follow. At launch, 5G will offer speeds up to 200 Mbps and be available for Visible members on iPhone 12 where Verizon 5G coverage is available.

People deserve a better phone service experience, so we’re including 5G, at no additional cost, with no hidden fees, and without forcing you to upgrade to a different, secretly-more-expensive plan."
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN
8 REPLIES 8

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I'm perfectly happy with my Verizon 4G, since I virtually never use my Samsung Android phone on the Internet.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Tom_M wrote:
Edd505 wrote:
Look at the 5G coverage map, if your not in a major city your SOL.
There is a lot of confusion about 5G. The high-band 5G uses frequencies of 25–39 GHz and is limited to urban areas. Low-band 5G uses frequencies similar to 4G cellphones, 600-850 MHz. This should give you a range about the same as 4G with slightly faster data rates. Low-band 5G uses frequencies similar to 4G cellphones, 600-850 MHz. This should give you a range about the same as 4G with slightly faster data rates. Coverage will increase as the 5G build-out proceeds.

These are two very key statements !

IMHO, there is no need to be concerned about 5G compatible device for SEVERAL years ! Right now, it is basically a "sales gimmick" !

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
It will be years before 5G is available to most of the country, if ever. It doesn't matter who the provider is. Chuck

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
There is a lot of confusion about 5G. The high-band 5G uses frequencies of 25–39 GHz and is limited to urban areas. Low-band 5G uses frequencies similar to 4G cellphones, 600-850 MHz. This should give you a range about the same as 4G with slightly faster data rates. Coverage will increase as the 5G build-out proceeds.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
Minneapolis, MN

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see that now Tom M thanks.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
It says "compatible Android devices to follow".
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
Minneapolis, MN

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the info. Does this also apply to Android phones as I may sign up for Visible????