cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

6.6 Ram

Gary_Morency
Explorer
Explorer
I been trying to find info on a 6.4 Hemi DRW 8 speed tranny there are lots of SRW trucks out there but not any DRW.
39 REPLIES 39

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Kayteg1 wrote:
Don't we have 10 Ford dealers for each Dodge dealer in this country?
and 100 Ford dealers for each GM truck dealer?
When you drive Ford - you will get it fixed in Mexico, you will get it fixed in Ecuador, you will get it fixed in France.
Try that with the others?

Roflmao
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
specta wrote:

Here's a 2020 Chevy 2500HD WT. THEE ugliest truck on the road.

I'm glad that I'm not looking for a new truck. I'd want a Chevy but they are soo butt ugly I don't think I could own one. LOL

At least there's GMCs for anyone who has to buy a new GM HD currently...
I don't get it. The Chevy 1500s and Tahoes are money. It's like they dropped a 1500 on it's nose off a hoist and picked it up and penned the design for the HDs.

You know, you can tell it's a Chevy, but it's like if you got in a head on accident and put your face through a windshield. People would probably still recognize you, but....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Gary Morency wrote:
Your the first person I,ve heard from with a DRW I was wondering what kind of mpg you get hauling the camper. I have a 18 3500 Ram with a Cummins and only thinking of trading because of these emission problems I read about Thanks for any info.Also how does it pull on long New Mexico grades.

Averaging around 10 mpg ,with the camper loaded have the 6.4 with the older 6 speed and the camper weighs a little over 6k loaded .
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I was shopping last, I ended up buying a used one. Same story for me, the Ford dealers responded by email, and the Ram dealers wouldnโ€™t. I found it pretty weird. They wouldnโ€™t even give me specifics on Chat and they were always on. Again, weird.

Any way, I saved 30K or so buying used, so I guess thatโ€™s something. I guess they were just trying to give me good service. ๐Ÿ˜„

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

specta
Explorer
Explorer
deserteagle56 wrote:
Dealership availability is a valid point, at least in my area.

20 years ago pretty much every town in Nevada had a GM dealer. Closest town to me had 2 - one sold Chevy, the other GMC/Buick, etc. A few years ago GM made a corporate decision to close all their dealerships in rural communities. Caused a big uproar at the time but GM went ahead anyway.

Nevada is huge - 7th largest state in the US. If you want to buy a GM product these days you have 3 choices - the Reno area, the Las Vegas area, or Elko, Nevada. It is about 500 miles from Reno to Las Vegas, or Elko to Las Vegas, and 300 miles from Reno to Elko.

So why would any of us in rural Nevada buy a GM product? Got a recall, or dealer service - you have to drive hundreds of miles?? Whereas Ford does have a dealership in most small towns, as does Fiat (Dodge).

If GM won't support us, why should we support them?

I live in a rural county with a total population of about 21,500.
We have a Chevy/GMC, Ford and a Dodge/Ram dealer in a town of less than 8000.

Why would anyone buy something they don't like??
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
specta wrote:
There are approximately 3000 Ford dealers, 3000 Chevrolet dealers, 2500 Ram dealers and approximately 1900 GMC dealers.

Really? Where those number come from? Are those truck dealers?
When I was shopping for new truck in California, I searched in 1000 miles radius and had over 20 Ford dealers ready to work with me, while single Dodge dealer would not answer emails.

Google.
Kenny

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Lincoln dealers service Fords as well.

deserteagle56
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dealership availability is a valid point, at least in my area.

20 years ago pretty much every town in Nevada had a GM dealer. Closest town to me had 2 - one sold Chevy, the other GMC/Buick, etc. A few years ago GM made a corporate decision to close all their dealerships in rural communities. Caused a big uproar at the time but GM went ahead anyway.

Nevada is huge - 7th largest state in the US. If you want to buy a GM product these days you have 3 choices - the Reno area, the Las Vegas area, or Elko, Nevada. It is about 500 miles from Reno to Las Vegas, or Elko to Las Vegas, and 300 miles from Reno to Elko.

So why would any of us in rural Nevada buy a GM product? Got a recall, or dealer service - you have to drive hundreds of miles?? Whereas Ford does have a dealership in most small towns, as does Fiat (Dodge).

If GM won't support us, why should we support them?
1996 Bigfoot 2500 9.5 on a 2004 Dodge/Cummins dually

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
There are approximately 3000 Ford dealers, 3000 Chevrolet dealers, 2500 Ram dealers and approximately 1900 GMC dealers.

Really? Where those number come from? Are those truck dealers?
When I was shopping for new truck in California, I searched in 1000 miles radius and had over 20 Ford dealers ready to work with me, while single Dodge dealer would not answer emails.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Faststreak wrote:
Sounds like if you drive a Ford you have to get it fixed a lot.??

He did say that you will get it fixed everywhere you go.

Getting it fixed in Mexico, Ecuador, and France is not much of a buying incentive to me. :R

"Don't we have 10 Ford dealers for each Dodge dealer in this country?
and 100 Ford dealers for each GM truck dealer?"

No. There are approximately 3000 Ford dealers, 3000 Chevrolet dealers, 2500 Ram dealers and approximately 1900 GMC dealers.
Kenny

Faststreak
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like if you drive a Ford you have to get it fixed a lot.??

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't we have 10 Ford dealers for each Dodge dealer in this country?
and 100 Ford dealers for each GM truck dealer?
When you drive Ford - you will get it fixed in Mexico, you will get it fixed in Ecuador, you will get it fixed in France.
Try that with the others?

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
specta wrote:
billtex wrote:

I was a GM Guy for 35 yrs. When we bought a new truck this year I could not understand why GM put a six speed tranny behind their new Gas engine.
They lost our business this time.
They are behind the times.
Go drive the new Superdutys and even the new Dodge. GM is a generation behind IMO. A test drive will change your mind.

I was a Ford man forever until I bought my current truck. We have a 2017 and a '18 F-250 here that I drive quite often.

If I were to buy a new truck today I wouldn't buy a Ford solely because the transmission has 4 more speeds than the Chevy does.

The Chevy's ergonomics fit me better too.

All I can say is go drive them all. I went into this purchase with an open mind-these trucks are $$$! I wanted to experience all of them before dropping that kind of cash. We usually hold on to our vehicles for 10+ years so itโ€™s a long term commitment for me to buy a new truck.
I really thought I would come out with another GM. It quickly became obvious that Ford and Ram are leaving GM behind with this generation. Their powertrains are MUCH better.
The Ford crew cab is enormous also. Much bigger/nicer than GM. The Ram is a nice cab also, but a few too many gadgets for me. The Hemi with 8 speed is nice though-butter smooth.
After a lot of research and test drives the choice-for us- was clear. Itโ€™s kind of hard to believe i donโ€™t have a GM in the driveway-I have had them forever! But no regrets, the Ford has been fantastic.
When the time comes-open up your mind-drive them all. You may be as surprised as I.
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

specta
Explorer
Explorer
billtex wrote:

I was a GM Guy for 35 yrs. When we bought a new truck this year I could not understand why GM put a six speed tranny behind their new Gas engine.
They lost our business this time.
They are behind the times.
Go drive the new Superdutys and even the new Dodge. GM is a generation behind IMO. A test drive will change your mind.

I was a Ford man forever until I bought my current truck. We have a 2017 and a '18 F-250 here that I drive quite often.

If I were to buy a new truck today I wouldn't buy a Ford solely because the transmission has 4 more speeds than the Chevy does.

The Chevy's ergonomics fit me better too.
Kenny