Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: 6.6 Ram
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 6.6 Ram

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Faststreak wrote:

Sounds like if you drive a Ford you have to get it fixed a lot.??

[image]

He did say that you will get it fixed everywhere you go.

Getting it fixed in Mexico, Ecuador, and France is not much of a buying incentive to me. [emoticon]

"Don't we have 10 Ford dealers for each Dodge dealer in this country?
and 100 Ford dealers for each GM truck dealer?"

No. There are approximately 3000 Ford dealers, 3000 Chevrolet dealers, 2500 Ram dealers and approximately 1900 GMC dealers.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

There are approximately 3000 Ford dealers, 3000 Chevrolet dealers, 2500 Ram dealers and approximately 1900 GMC dealers.

Really? Where those number come from? Are those truck dealers?
When I was shopping for new truck in California, I searched in 1000 miles radius and had over 20 Ford dealers ready to work with me, while single Dodge dealer would not answer emails.

deserteagle56

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dealership availability is a valid point, at least in my area.

20 years ago pretty much every town in Nevada had a GM dealer. Closest town to me had 2 - one sold Chevy, the other GMC/Buick, etc. A few years ago GM made a corporate decision to close all their dealerships in rural communities. Caused a big uproar at the time but GM went ahead anyway.

Nevada is huge - 7th largest state in the US. If you want to buy a GM product these days you have 3 choices - the Reno area, the Las Vegas area, or Elko, Nevada. It is about 500 miles from Reno to Las Vegas, or Elko to Las Vegas, and 300 miles from Reno to Elko.

So why would any of us in rural Nevada buy a GM product? Got a recall, or dealer service - you have to drive hundreds of miles?? Whereas Ford does have a dealership in most small towns, as does Fiat (Dodge).

If GM won't support us, why should we support them?

1996 Bigfoot 2500 9.5 on a 2004 Dodge/Cummins dually

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lincoln dealers service Fords as well.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

specta wrote:

There are approximately 3000 Ford dealers, 3000 Chevrolet dealers, 2500 Ram dealers and approximately 1900 GMC dealers.

Really? Where those number come from? Are those truck dealers?
When I was shopping for new truck in California, I searched in 1000 miles radius and had over 20 Ford dealers ready to work with me, while single Dodge dealer would not answer emails.

Google.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 05:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deserteagle56 wrote:

Dealership availability is a valid point, at least in my area.

20 years ago pretty much every town in Nevada had a GM dealer. Closest town to me had 2 - one sold Chevy, the other GMC/Buick, etc. A few years ago GM made a corporate decision to close all their dealerships in rural communities. Caused a big uproar at the time but GM went ahead anyway.

Nevada is huge - 7th largest state in the US. If you want to buy a GM product these days you have 3 choices - the Reno area, the Las Vegas area, or Elko, Nevada. It is about 500 miles from Reno to Las Vegas, or Elko to Las Vegas, and 300 miles from Reno to Elko.

So why would any of us in rural Nevada buy a GM product? Got a recall, or dealer service - you have to drive hundreds of miles?? Whereas Ford does have a dealership in most small towns, as does Fiat (Dodge).

If GM won't support us, why should we support them?

I live in a rural county with a total population of about 21,500.
We have a Chevy/GMC, Ford and a Dodge/Ram dealer in a town of less than 8000.

Why would anyone buy something they don't like??

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 06:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I was shopping last, I ended up buying a used one. Same story for me, the Ford dealers responded by email, and the Ram dealers wouldn’t. I found it pretty weird. They wouldn’t even give me specifics on Chat and they were always on. Again, weird.

Any way, I saved 30K or so buying used, so I guess that’s something. I guess they were just trying to give me good service. [emoticon]

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Devocamper

West Haven CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/21 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gary Morency wrote:

Your the first person I,ve heard from with a DRW I was wondering what kind of mpg you get hauling the camper. I have a 18 3500 Ram with a Cummins and only thinking of trading because of these emission problems I read about Thanks for any info.Also how does it pull on long New Mexico grades.

Averaging around 10 mpg ,with the camper loaded have the 6.4 with the older 6 speed and the camper weighs a little over 6k loaded .

08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/21 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

[image]

Here's a 2020 Chevy 2500HD WT. THEE ugliest truck on the road.

[image]

I'm glad that I'm not looking for a new truck. I'd want a Chevy but they are soo butt ugly I don't think I could own one. LOL

At least there's GMCs for anyone who has to buy a new GM HD currently...
I don't get it. The Chevy 1500s and Tahoes are money. It's like they dropped a 1500 on it's nose off a hoist and picked it up and penned the design for the HDs.

You know, you can tell it's a Chevy, but it's like if you got in a head on accident and put your face through a windshield. People would probably still recognize you, but....

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/21 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

Don't we have 10 Ford dealers for each Dodge dealer in this country?
and 100 Ford dealers for each GM truck dealer?
When you drive Ford - you will get it fixed in Mexico, you will get it fixed in Ecuador, you will get it fixed in France.
Try that with the others?

Roflmao

* This post was edited 01/08/21 05:12pm by Grit dog *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 6.6 Ram
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.