Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s for Christmas dinner?

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
What are you having?
I’m deep frying a turkey. Son in law is slow roasting a pork belly. Green beans. Peas. Baked sweet potatoes. Stuffing. Pies, pies and more pies.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
24 REPLIES 24

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since I'm deep frying a turkey I'm going to also do this Pitchfork Deep Fried Prime Rib Kent Rollins recipe. It'll flavor the oil up nice for doing up the bird. If it turns out like I think it will I'll do another one to bring to Hogmanay along with The Haggis. I wonder if leg of lamb will fry up nice.

Tomorrow I'll go buy a pitch fork. I already own the cast iron pot and burner.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dungeness crab last night ordered from Alaska. Magnificent.

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Brisket and Ribs.

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
Greek-style ribs, Greek-style potatoes, b'corn.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
We haven’t decided yet, but it’s just the 2 of us in Austin Tx this year so I’ll probably use a couple of my Dutch ovens and spend the afternoon enjoying the Tx weather.

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
We're going to do a cold buffet. Family can wander in and out on no particular schedule, and we won't do any special work other than to set it out.

Honey baked ham, other deli slices, lots of cheeses, breads (for those who can have bread), condiments, pickles of several kinds, dips and chips, etc.

The only special thing I'm doing is making keto egg nog. If the others don't like it, that's more for me....
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
No friends or family this year. Thinking pork chop stroganoff.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I do prime rib also, slow roasted in the oven. Twiced baked potatoes also. Usally add some green beens and candie carrots. Brushetta for appetizers. Not fancy but good.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tamales or stone crab are hard to beat.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
TexasShadow wrote:
Fried shrimp, coleslaw, garlic bread sticks, ambrosia and pie and cookies.
There will be just 5 of us and 4 of us like to keep the carbs down, so no potatoes or rice etc and the ambrosia and pie will be low or no sugar.

If you want to keep the carbs down you can take out the bread, pie and cookies. don't kid yourself.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Probably Stone Crab
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! All of it sounds so delicious! We are having a traditional Christmas Eve dinner - homemade tamales, red pork and sweet ones, Posole with all the assorted toppings, enchiladas, Spanish rice and refried beans. Pan dulce and Mexican Chocolate and non Mexican but traditional eggnog. I usually make eggnog homemade, but hubby picked it up at Costco already and I'm happy to not be making it.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
Fried shrimp, coleslaw, garlic bread sticks, ambrosia and pie and cookies.
There will be just 5 of us and 4 of us like to keep the carbs down, so no potatoes or rice etc and the ambrosia and pie will be low or no sugar.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Not sure what we're having as I'm going to my son's, but he intends to do some kind of roast beast on his XL Green Egg. He's become a master of that and everything he cooks is delicious. He's considering prime rib or tenderloin. It will be great for sure. They all want to eat healthy, so I usually take a relish tray and a bok choy salad.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/