cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED Interior Bulbs

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking about replacing the factory interior bulbs with LED's for better lighting, I have 2007 Allergo 32BA & need to hear from others that have done this & what should I buy & where....Thanks
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
22 REPLIES 22

altblank
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a couple sets of these lamps from Amazon. Replaced all the double-bulb interior ceiling lamps with these, and man, what a difference. Lower power consumption (of course), and it's no longer dingy and depressing inside. Much brighter outputs as well.

Bonus feature is that there's no polarity when hooking these up; any wire goes anywhere.

For the price I paid, won't be too sad if any die in a year or two. Cheap enough to replace if needed.
2004 Coachmen Freelander 3100SO, with a bunch of little mods.

liborko
Explorer
Explorer
#####

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
Be aware that some led's can interfere with OTA TV signals. It happened on our rig.

Yep. The previous owner installed one LED bulb in the front map light on the passenger side. That one bulb makes the radio staticky when turns on. I bought 2 new ones and the interference is gone. I'm guessing it was older LED technology?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I got some from Amazon in packs of 20. I needed 27 so have some extras for some burn out. So far none have.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

alvie_h
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced most of mine from etraier.com. I replaced complete light for about 16 dollars each. Soft light completely happy.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
My chepo amazon ones are going strong 4 years later? Yes, some are better then others, check the reviews before buying. I also have a mix of the yellow light and the daylight ones. Daylight over the kitchen area, all else are the yellow ones. Makes a difference when cooking and looking for stuff. I got the ones where all the leds face the same direction ( like someone above posted), gives more light. The other ones shine the light in all directions. So they shoot light upwards into the fixture.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
You'll replace the CHEAP ones within a year. You'll get what you pay for. IMHO, eBay and Amazon are not the places to buy the China made products. Superbrightleds is highly recommended. You don't have to buy the most expensive, but stay away from the cheapo ****....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

MrWizard
I like the daylight lighting led fixtures
The bluish cool lighting, well IMO kinda sucks
The warm white, meant to simulate incandescent bulbs, is too yellow, not white enough, not bright enough, warm white use 1/2 brightness you normally like, if looking for Mood Lighting
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well if you want to buy good (But Expensive) LED's ECO-LED at most RV dealers are great, but 20 bucks a pop..

IF you buy from any one line source (closer to 2 bucks or less a pop) buy a minimum amount take notes, if you like 'em buy more if you don't cross out that vendor or lamp.

SuperBrightLeds Is I think the name of one on line vendor who gets decent reviews... I've not purchased from them.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I use the brighter led bulbs, 3000k on the ceiling and a warmer 2700k led bulbs on the wall sconces. That way I have bright lights when needed and softer lights the rest of the time.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
wopachop wrote:
QCMan wrote:
Not all led's can be dimmed. Buy ones that can be dimmed if that is your plan.
Every LED can be dimmed with a cheap voltage regulator. More efficient way is dimming through pwm.

LED lamps that use ballast resistors to control the current will be dimmable with a voltage regulator (or PWM dimmer). Those that use some sort of an active driver circuit very often won't dim with a voltage regulator, and may not work with a PWM dimmer either; the driver circuit will adjust for the changing input power, exactly as it's designed to do.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
These are cheap PWM dimmers ive been using for about 5 years. Comes with a remote control which is awesome. The light in the picture is in my trailer!! Was a quick test setup. You can see it hanging there by the wires. Being lazy i just left it and laugh how it hasnt failed yet.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
QCMan wrote:
Not all led's can be dimmed. Buy ones that can be dimmed if that is your plan.
Every LED can be dimmed with a cheap voltage regulator. More efficient way is dimming through pwm.