cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

THULE ROOF RACK

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a new tow vehicle. I took off my THULE 460 roof rack system to put on my 2018 Ford Explorer. Turns out I need a different mounting platform. I contact Rack Attack which informs me THULE no longer supports my model and sent me to Ebay. I just want people to be aware of the lack of support this high end rack company fails to provide. A new rack is $450 from these jokers. Never again. Buyer beware
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
4 REPLIES 4

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Thule, Yakima, and a few others are nothing more than paying for a name. There are plenty of other options that are just as good for a lot less $. Some folks just need to have the show off factor going. Put a Thule rack on the BMW they can hardly afford the payment on.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
Lack of support? How long do you expect a company to continue making something that is obsolete? Vehicles are constantly changing and companies that manufacture accessories for them have to change with them. An old rack with square bars probably doesnโ€™t fit with most of todayโ€™s rounder, more aerodynamic vehicles. Thatโ€™s why Thule designed curved aero bars. Mounting points are much different as well. They will only make parts for what they can sell. Simple supply and demand.

Much truth above but....
Whenever you pay the freight for these expensive racks you expect many years of support.
Thule has mounts for the new vehicles, apparently just doesnโ€™t want to be able to adapt them to an older rack. Canโ€™t be that hard. It ainโ€™t rocket surgery!

When I was considering a roof rack for my truck, I found square, round, and wing bars from each of the big name rack makers. But too expensive for my purposes. Truck width made universals not an option.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Lack of support? How long do you expect a company to continue making something that is obsolete? Vehicles are constantly changing and companies that manufacture accessories for them have to change with them. An old rack with square bars probably doesnโ€™t fit with most of todayโ€™s rounder, more aerodynamic vehicles. Thatโ€™s why Thule designed curved aero bars. Mounting points are much different as well. They will only make parts for what they can sell. Simple supply and demand.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Try Rack Warehouse. They have some Thule 460 components.

eTrailer has some Thule 460 components.