cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cloning drives

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't been in here for awhile so if this has been covered ad nauseum please disregard. I recently cloned an HDD to an SSD and encountered several problems. Just in case anyone else is considering this, you can check out my documentation for pitfalls/fixes. http://happykayakers.com/?page_id=736
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch
4 REPLIES 4

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Regardless of the problems, it's working great now and I learned a few new things along the way. I ran chkdsk, sfc and dism so many times on the source drive it was ridiculous.

1492 wrote:
Sorry you had so many issues cloning your drive. I've used the free AOMEI to clone my HDs to SSD for many years, including the Dell desktop I'm using for this post. Never had any issues with clones or image backups. Though one should always check the integrity of the source drive for any errors, and effect repairs before cloning/backups as they can be transferred to the target drive.
Fulltiming since 2006

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
I used one of the tools in that list. It caused major headaches when trying to do a Windows system image. I documented the fix for that.

agesilaus wrote:
cloning tools
Fulltiming since 2006

Sorry you had so many issues cloning your drive. I've used the free AOMEI to clone my HDs to SSD for many years, including the Dell desktop I'm using for this post. Never had any issues with clones or image backups. Though one should always check the integrity of the source drive for any errors, and effect repairs before cloning/backups as they can be transferred to the target drive.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
cloning tools
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper