Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Overnight stay in California
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Overnight stay in California

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Orange Grove is a nice CG and will give you a fresh start for the next day. That is what I'd do and from your post so should you.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/20 05:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

My understanding is "yes" it is a violation of the state health department's rules. See....

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/12/03/california-health-officials-announce-a-regional-stay-at-home-order-triggered-by-icu-capacity/

"Additionally, overnight stays at campgrounds will not be permitted."

This applies to State campgrounds, not RV parks. It doesn't apply to a private RV park in Bakersfield. Staying at this park won't violate the State's capricious restrictions.

According to your current stated location (Lone Pine), I assume you're camping right now. Even if you aren't camping now, you've mentioned many of the spots where you've camped since you left Mojave months ago. How about we give the OP a break and let him camp too, especially now that we know that he isn't breaking any State restrictions whatsoever. Deal?

Hopefully the OP will do all of the responsible things, like wash his hands, not touch his face, wear a mask, and practice social distancing. Beyond that, let's let the Bakersfield chips fall where they may.

(Opinions stated here do not represent Camping World or their affiliates.)

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lwiddis

Near DVNP, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/20 06:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Moderator says he/she is located in “The West.” A Californian? Or just attempting to control California and OUR response to Covid-19?

OP, a Californian, asked about the legality of a one night RV stay in California. My response said I didn’t believe it was allowed and I posted the state health department statement and website regarding the issue. The post was deleted because the moderator disagreed with the health department’s position.

Disagree with this moderator on anything....post deleted.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/20 06:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Our Moderator says he/she is located in “The West.” A Californian? Or just attempting to control California and OUR response to Covid-19?

OP, a Californian, asked about the legality of a one night RV stay in California. My response said I didn’t believe it was allowed and I posted the state health department statement and website regarding the issue. The post was deleted because the moderator disagreed with the health department’s position.

Disagree with this moderator on anything....post deleted.

I choose not to share my location. That's my prerogative. As I mentioned above, I often camp in the same county as Bakersfield. Draw any inferences as you choose.

Resident or not, your statement that I quoted is incorrect. Private RV parks aren't currently covered by the restriction that you quoted.

It's funny that you think I'm trying to control Californians, because my hands-off viewpoint is just the opposite. I'd rather see fewer restrictions.

And as for your other assertion, yes, guilty as charged. A LOT of your posts in these forums are deleted. Again, draw your own inferences from this.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/20 07:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe the issue is people traveling from out of state need to quarantine 14 days. Orange grove may have requirements that meet state guidelines for the required movement you are making to get the medical help that is needed. I assume this is not a purely recreational sightseeing trip. Restrictions may apply upon arrival and I am sure you have already been made aware. Necessary movement is still allowed with restrictions.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Orcadrvr

agoura hills, cal.

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 07:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a great trip!
Your plan sounds very prudent, and I can't see where anyone in the government should have any rational objection to it.
Maybe the word "rational" is the problem.

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Camping World doesn't pull my puppet strings. I get to use my own brain. It's awesome. It's one of my favorite body parts. Try it.

And call it a hunch, but I'd be willing to bet that Camping World doesn't want us to stop camping...in the world. Or maybe I'm reading too much into the company name.

Observing the Moderator Posts: As a Moderator you have "free rein" to comment as you see fit without being deleted. The rest of us don't have that advantage. (Old & true cliche - it is what it is!)

For the OP: If things don't go well - easy solution for one night, stay at a truck stop. Find a spot off to one side & the noise will be "tolerable". "Down time" for safety applies to you as well as req'd for the pro drivers. No LEO will fault you for doing same.

BTW - So. CA "native" - have traveled CA for the past 64 years - (when I got my first DL at age 15 1/2). Tents to RVs.

lostbytes

Was lostmarbles years back on here....

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/20 11:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well. I'm going camping this next week for a week. Not saying where. Got my hazmat suit.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 01:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lostbytes wrote:

Well. I'm going camping this next week for a week. Not saying where. Got my hazmat suit.

Could I interest you in a surplus Russian gas mask or self contained chemical suit?

At least there is one mod on these boards who does not click the close thread button every time Covid is mentioned, like most who think they're moderating a board for 10 yr olds.

lostbytes

Was lostmarbles years back on here....

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/20 07:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought Admin Mike back in 2009 was the dude. Lol. Everyone gets their panties all bunches up over the riots, election and the virus that they forgot that they humans. Everyone becomes a know it all and turned that civil war clock closer to midnight than the WW3 clock called, Doomsday clock. Even I got bent a little. But, sheep no more! I knew something was wrong when CLM merge with another company and started sending me openings for campground host as I haven't been one since 2014...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Overnight stay in California
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.