Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Washer/Dryer combos
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Washer/Dryer combos

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
blaczero

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking at a washer/dryer combo (24").

I have read a ton on these and understand how small they are, how you can only load 1/2 way etc... What is the general consensus about the brands available? Splendide, LG and Equator seem to make decent models.

Any opinions about which to get? I am also thinking about how to avoid leaks with whatever unit I get.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/20 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think Splendide is by far the most common unit. And well liked. We have had our Splendide combo 13 years and still works fine. But we are not full timers.

Flute Man

Payson, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/20 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have use mine full-time for 16 years and just love it. I would not be without it. It is so convenient. My neighbors are always running to the laundromat while I sit outside drinking coffee and visiting. It is one of the best thanks I have in my motorhome.

Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
[email protected]
602-321-8141
Full-timer

richclover

WY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/20 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blaczero wrote:

Looking at a washer/dryer combo (24").

I have read a ton on these and understand how small they are, how you can only load 1/2 way etc... What is the general consensus about the brands available? Splendide, LG and Equator seem to make decent models.

Any opinions about which to get? I am also thinking about how to avoid leaks with whatever unit I get.

One of the features we wanted in our new 5’er was the washer/dryer. The camper was delivered pre-wired and plumbed for a ventless washer dryer in the forward bedroom wardrobe. It takes up about a third of the space, but well worth it.

Right, small loads and it’s programmable to wash then dry over a several hour cycle. Ours is ventless so it drys using steam heat. Clothes come out clean but a little damp. A short time on a folding rack and they’re ready for the drawer.

It’s very convenient since our winter runaway RV park in NV has closed the clubhouse due to the virus and takes in laundry by appointment. Otherwise it’s a laundromat in town.

Downside is power usage. Our metered electric bill for a chilly November, running propane furnace, electric fireplace and washer/dryer, came to about $75. Well worth it for us.

The dealer ordered one of these and installed it:

https://www.camperid.com/contoure/ventless-2-cu-ft-white-combo-washer-dryer-mpn-rv-wd800wh.html?view=182330&utm_source=microsoft&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=268722751&utm_content=1175378810108739&msclkid=edc688a32d1f16305172d7793580f583

Rich
2018 Ram 4X4 2500HD Cummins
2020 Chaparral 336TSIK
2019 RAM 1500 Classic 4X4 Hemi
2019 CanAm Maverick Sport 1000
SW WY

learntorv

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/20 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For a family of 4, we had a vented Splendide for 4 years and absolutely love it. Loads are small- just a couple of pants and a shirt or two for adults. I actually liked the small loads because I didn't feel like laundry was work.

Plus, the fact that it's an all-in-one, we would commonly throw laundry in at night and it would come out clean and dry in the morning. Even better, we switched rigs and the washing machine as in the kid's room. One of my daughter's jobs was to fold laundry - so it would show up in the morning, clean, dry, and folded!

Most complaints that you'll see about these are those with the non-vented units. I wouldn't have one of those.

jamesmozia90

DHA phase 11

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/20 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

learntorv wrote:

For a family of 4, we had a vented Splendide for 4 years and absolutely love it. Loads are small- just a couple of pants and a shirt or two for adults. I actually liked the small loads of fortnite merch kids because I didn't feel like laundry was work.

Plus, the fact that it's an all-in-one, we would commonly throw laundry in at night and it would come out clean and dry in the morning. Even better, we switched rigs and the washing machine as in the kid's room. One of my daughter's jobs was to fold laundry - so it would show up in the morning, clean, dry, and folded!

Most complaints that you'll see about these are those with the non-vented units. I wouldn't have one of those.

if you are saying so then we should check for it.

* This post was edited 12/22/20 03:57am by jamesmozia90 *

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/20 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Splendide vented about 3 year for two, laundry every 2 or 3 days evening while watching TV or reading. Bedding gets done over the weekend.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/20 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How much water do they use?

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
Full Body Paint, 3, 8K axles, Disc Brakes
17.5 LRH commercial tires
1380 watts solar,
2020 Silverado High Country CC DA 4X4 Big Dually.

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/20 05:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my buddy has had one for about 15 year, LG I believe they love it. different style of laundry they would do a load every night or two instead of once a week having a laundry day. I believe theres is non vented but I could be wrong. it condenses all the moisure and pumps it out the hose to the drain, is this non vented?

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

learntorv

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/20 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

How much water do they use?

In the ballpark of 12-15 gallons per load.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Washer/Dryer combos
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.