Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Roadside assistance
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Roadside assistance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/20 03:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thermoguy wrote:

I have AAA Plus RV - towed my 5th wheel this summer after the shackles broke. Had to tie up the rear axel to tow. It took him a while to get to me, but we were far from any services, actually very lucky to have cell coverage 1 mile either way and would not have had service. The guy was great, even called a shop to see if they could take us. In the end, towed us to Les Schwab who did the service for under $200. The tow was no charge. They would have towed us from Wallace ID to Spokane WA is that is where we needed to go, fortunately we only needed to go to Kellogg. Would not have wanted to go further set up that way.

are you aware that AAA lowered their RV Plus benefits, back in November?

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Seon

Lake Camanche, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/20 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I never have used GS in the many years I've been a member. But today I couldn't get my tow vehicle started so I called to schedule a tow for January 7th, 2021 which is the soonest my garage can squeeze me in.

The recorded message had me to go thru a series of questions.. punching numbers/letters as what I needed, what type vehicle, yada, yada so I did and added a note that I want to schedule a tow for January 7th.

Shortly later I get a text to call 800-xxx-xxxx and use my phone number as reference which I called. That call then transfer me to dispatch..HUH?? So I explain that I need a tow for January 7th but was told they can't schedule that far out and to call on Sunday to schedule. "Okay, I'll call Sunday" says I.

Shortly after I get a call asking what type vehicle and when and where do I want the tow. HUH again???

I explained again that I need a tow..."Oh never mind" I said, "I don't need a tow".

End of conversation but wait...I get a text asking if I still need a tow and what type of vehicle.

I didn't reply and now have a head ache.

* This post was edited 12/31/20 03:30pm by Seon *

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/20 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MarkTwain wrote:

State Farm and AAA are not your best choice for RV towing service. Go with Good Sam or Coachnet.

X2. I’ve had Good Sam roadside assistance ever since I was RVing, and was never disappointed.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Seon

Lake Camanche, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/20 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Re-reading the Platinum Roadside Assistance membership includes Operational and Technical Assistance by Certified RV Technicians. So will a tech come out to get my vehicle started?

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/21 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seon wrote:

Re-reading the Platinum Roadside Assistance membership includes Operational and Technical Assistance by Certified RV Technicians. So will a tech come out to get my vehicle started?

I needed a jump start on my Toyota minivan (I'm RV-less right now) Good Sam tech arrived promptly and, using a small device, got me going quickly. Purchased a new battery later that day at Walmart and was good to go. If you have any questions about your roadside assistance, just give them a call. They're a good outfit, IMHO. [emoticon]

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/21 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seon wrote:

I never have used GS in the many years I've been a member. But today I couldn't get my tow vehicle started so I called to schedule a tow for January 7th, 2021 which is the soonest my garage can squeeze me in.

The recorded message had me to go thru a series of questions.. punching numbers/letters as what I needed, what type vehicle, yada, yada so I did and added a note that I want to schedule a tow for January 7th.

Shortly later I get a text to call 800-xxx-xxxx and use my phone number as reference which I called. That call then transfer me to dispatch..HUH?? So I explain that I need a tow for January 7th but was told they can't schedule that far out and to call on Sunday to schedule. "Okay, I'll call Sunday" says I.

Shortly after I get a call asking what type vehicle and when and where do I want the tow. HUH again???

I explained again that I need a tow..."Oh never mind" I said, "I don't need a tow".

End of conversation but wait...I get a text asking if I still need a tow and what type of vehicle.

I would not necessary base your overall evaluation of the GS Emergency Road Service based on your recent call but rather an incompetent service dispatch person.

jeromep

Eastern Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/21 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seon wrote:

Why not just have the tow done now and leave the car with your mechanic or ask for the tow to be completed the night before it is needed at the mechanic? I can understand why they can't schedule a tow way out, they are roadside assistance, their job is to send help immediately, or get your vehicle someplace that can fix it, also immediately.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Roadside assistance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.