cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon state campgrounds

kopy_kat
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know the minimum and maximum lead time for making reservations with Oregon state campgrounds?

Is it within 30 days only or as far out as 6 months?

Thanks, Larry
2013 Flagstaff 8528ikws---"Camp MiMiPaPa"
5 REPLIES 5

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
On the bright side - old farts like me who aren't used to having to make reservations have a chance now. In the old days I never made a reservation - just made sure I didn't camp on weekends. Then things changed and I discovered that not only did I have to make reservations I had to do it months in advance - I never had a schedule which allowed that. In fact - I bought an RV because my schedule was always chaotic and when I had a few days off I just used the RV for spontaneous mini vacation. We were always an hr drive from plenty of great camping spots. Those days are gone.
Kevin

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wow...I've already got my whole 2021 camping schedule reserved for WA state parks... 9 months out is what we can reserve and you have to cheat to even get that for specific parks and sites!

The parks I like to go to only 'reserve' from May 15th thru Sept 15th, so that's the window you have to work with..

Do it all online, but you gotta play the game to get the park/site you want for the time you want..

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, 30 days out is the current maximum. The parks are about normal for winter campers. Weekends are still busy, but mid week is pretty empty.
The governor just extended the Covid state of emergency until March 3rd 2021, so likely the 30 day limit will last until then.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
Right now, it's 30 days:

New reservations are accepted one day to 30 days in advance for stays that begin within this time period. This change, from the former nine-month reservation window, is in response to covid-19. The shorter window means that when services change abruptly โ€” as with a pandemic or massive wildfires โ€” we do not need to change, cancel or refund a large number of reservations. Not only are reservation changes a huge inconvenience to visitors, they can be complicated and time consuming. Also, refunds are a big financial hit at the worst possible time: when we are trying to restore operations safely with far fewer staff. A 30-day window offsets some of the uncertainty, and enables us to better predict revenue and expenses.

We do plan to return to a longer window at some point, and we will make a public announcement when we do.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably your best bet is to call them and ask. I know that some parks within the same state may have differences in reservations times.
Oregon State Parks
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus