Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Ultra Sound wireless LP tank sensor , Bluetooth to phone app
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Ultra Sound wireless LP tank sensor , Bluetooth to phone app

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/20 10:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The plastic halo rings are largely to allow the bluetooth signal to "escape", but also allows more height for the older sensors.

If you have 30 lb tanks or are contemplating buying them to replace 20 lb tanks then you might consider spending the extra $20 or so a tank and getting ones with gauges built into them. These are float operated gauges so they should be fairly reliable, but of course require that you check the gauge on the tank.

Charles

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/20 02:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CharlesinGA wrote:

The plastic halo rings are largely to allow the bluetooth signal to "escape", but also allows more height for the older sensors.

If you have 30 lb tanks or are contemplating buying them to replace 20 lb tanks then you might consider spending the extra $20 or so a tank and getting ones with gauges built into them. These are float operated gauges so they should be fairly reliable, but of course require that you check the gauge on the tank.

Charles

I've got float gauges on 4 of my 20lb tanks. They're ok....but I wouldn't call them really accurate, especially when the tank gets low. But at least it's something. And saves you pulling them out and weighing them.....

"> 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/20 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have a built in ASME LP tank installed on your RV such as on most Class A's and C's, the Mopeka sensors can also be used on them. The app can be configured for the horizontal tank and the tank height entered in inches. I would recommend securing the sensor with something like Gorilla tape though, instead of depending on just the standard magnets for travel. The tape could also provide some protection from road debris damage.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

CaLBaR

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/20 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

deltabravo wrote:

Roger10378 wrote:

The sensor is thick enough that the tank has to be elevated slightly to prevent crushing it. They provide feet to do this but I am not impressed with them and made my own.

The redesigned the case and made it thinner so those ussless spacer feet that never stay on the tank aren't required now.

Still need the spacer feet or the Halo ring to allow the bluetooth signal to get out. Metal tank on metal holder does not allow the signal to get out.

I have used them for one season and they work very good and very happy with them. One sensor did give me some trouble but position and dielectric grease seems to have fixed it. Will see next season.

2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/20 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch
I was thinking much the same thing, need a secure mount for holding and some protection from road exposure

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/20 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had them on the last RV... Did not take them off before it got towed away as they never worked properly and always wondering if I was gonna be stranded without LP....

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Ultra Sound wireless LP tank sensor , Bluetooth to phone app
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.