cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVParky trip planning software

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
For many years since I have a Garmin GPS I have used Garmin’s BaseCamp to plan my trips. Before basecamp I used Garmin’s MapSource. In a recent posting the original posting used RVPparky.com to plan his trip. There are some features I like about RVPparky planning software, but I have been unable to figure out how to edit the routing.

Is it possible to edit the route without putting a stop in?

Any suggestions on an alternate trip planning software is welcome.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
9 REPLIES 9

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
For many years since I have a Garmin GPS I have used Garmin’s BaseCamp to plan my trips. Before basecamp I used Garmin’s MapSource. In a recent posting the original posting used RVPparky.com to plan his trip. There are some features I like about RVPparky planning software, but I have been unable to figure out how to edit the routing.

Is it possible to edit the route without putting a stop in?

Any suggestions on an alternate trip planning software is welcome.

No, you can't do what you want. It's designed to be a planner for stays, but not for driving legs between stops.

As for alternatives- RV Trip Wizard is the gold standard. I just was reading about a new one called Ultranomadic.

dedmiston
My favorite feature in RV Trip Wizard is the configurable set of rings that you can view around a location. I really like looking at my location and then seeing possible stops within 100, 250, or 350 miles before we hit the road the next day.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Trip Wizard, I feel it's worth the annual fee. And yes I download the trips to my Garmin RV660.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
There is a huge difference between planning a one or two week excursion & a three or four month trip.

There is no replacement or substitute for the stand alone MS Streets & Trips which is like carrying around most every map right in your laptop. I have MS S&Ts 2013 on a 8 year old laptop that is on its last legs having done tens of thousands of miles being bounced around on a laptop tray in the truck.

I somehow lost the original software disk, not that new laptops can accommodate disks, & don't know how to copy from the old laptop to a newer one.

Most of the online mapping seems to only allow about 8-10 waypoints per file & once saved or downloaded there is no ability to change once on the road without connectivity.

We seem to be going backwards in flexibility in trip planning.

You need to check out RV Trip Wizard it can do all you say others can not - I used MS Trips and Streets for years and Trips is much much better - they keep enhancing
it all the time
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a huge difference between planning a one or two week excursion & a three or four month trip.

There is no replacement or substitute for the stand alone MS Streets & Trips which is like carrying around most every map right in your laptop. I have MS S&Ts 2013 on a 8 year old laptop that is on its last legs having done tens of thousands of miles being bounced around on a laptop tray in the truck.

I somehow lost the original software disk, not that new laptops can accommodate disks, & don't know how to copy from the old laptop to a newer one.

Most of the online mapping seems to only allow about 8-10 waypoints per file & once saved or downloaded there is no ability to change once on the road without connectivity.

We seem to be going backwards in flexibility in trip planning.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Microsoft Streets and Trips if you can find it, discontinued.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
The best trip planner out there is RV Trip wizard - I have used it to plans over 10 trips of over 25 stops each and even used it to plan a three week car trip in Europe

It is very easy to download it and put it in my Garmin RV 660

+1
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure if you can, so I will follow the post.
We have been using RVPARKY for 3 years now and are really happy with it. We full time so it is a nice tool for planning our adventures.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
The best trip planner out there is RV Trip wizard - I have used it to plans over 10 trips of over 25 stops each and even used it to plan a three week car trip in Europe

It is very easy to download it and put it in my Garmin RV 660
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks