cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there a more accurate way to measure fluid levels?

obiwancanoli
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not a big fan of the meters in my MH that show fresh, gray and black tank levels... They're hardly accurate, but I wondered if there's a better way... ?
11 REPLIES 11

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Another vote for the SeeLevel system. It's one of the first mods I make on each RV I buy. The accuracy and percentage readouts are a big improvement over the "Empty-1/3-2/3-Full" common OEM readouts, as are the external sensors that can't get shorted out by TP, etc..

Wonder if there is a way to integrate the see level into the one connect system. Our previous MH's had the standard lit gauges. Our new FW is all lcd on a screen with various menus etc and viewable on an app. Frankly it scares me. I know a lot of folks like shiny new techy things. Personally I think it's a way for a lot of stuff to go very wrong all at once.

You would likely get a better answer to that directly from Garnet Industries, the SeeLevel makers.

SeeLevel RV Gauges
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Our new FW is all lcd on a screen with various menus etc and viewable on an app. Frankly it scares me. I know a lot of folks like shiny new techy things. Personally I think it's a way for a lot of stuff to go very wrong all at once.
Like when the screen dies then you need to find alternative ways to do simple things like turn on the water pump, operate the awning, etc. I know how now but wish Iโ€™d learned before the screen died!

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Another vote for the SeeLevel system. It's one of the first mods I make on each RV I buy. The accuracy and percentage readouts are a big improvement over the "Empty-1/3-2/3-Full" common OEM readouts, as are the external sensors that can't get shorted out by TP, etc..

Wonder if there is a way to integrate the see level into the one connect system. Our previous MH's had the standard lit gauges. Our new FW is all lcd on a screen with various menus etc and viewable on an app. Frankly it scares me. I know a lot of folks like shiny new techy things. Personally I think it's a way for a lot of stuff to go very wrong all at once.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is. the SEE LEVEL system is one such method. I did not get around 2 it but from what I have read from folks using it it works well. The system consists of an elctronic strip that tapes to the outside of the tank and measures the level by electroinc means.. beyond that... I've not used one so that's all I know.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
So what do you do with the stick after that? :E
Puma 30RKSS

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
A stick down the toilet is accurate.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
shum02 wrote:
When I'm standing in water in the tub the grey is full.
I can smell the gray before the shower pan actually has water in it. I guess that's why black and gray are separate!
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Not that I've found, other than getting a feel for when things are filling up. For instance, I know my gray is full when there's standing water in the shower. LOL

My fresh works pretty good.

x2

When I'm standing in water in the tub the grey is full.

I grab a headlamp, never a flashlight, open the loo and have a look.

When both of those are full I am probably almost out of FW.

Even when the gauges worked, they never worked well.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Not that I've found, other than getting a feel for when things are filling up. For instance, I know my gray is full when there's standing water in the shower. LOL

My fresh works pretty good.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
there are better sensor systems, but they aren't inexpensive. Seelevel system is what I have and it is very reliable. Garnet systems.

There is another external sensor system similar to the Seelevel as well.

Seelevel is easy to install and uses the existing wiring system, but can't be completely calibrated to acount for odd tank shapes.

the other system can be calibrated for odd tank shapes but is harder to install and IIRC doesn't use the existing tank sensor wiring.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!