cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Six-point leveling system -- reduce rocking

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
We have a new to us 36-foot 5th wheel with a 6-point self-leveling stabilizer system. Our previous 5th wheel had manual stabilizing jacks equipped with the JT StrongArm stabilizers, and we really loved the strongarm stabilizers. When we had a travel trailer to reduce the rocking motion, we would manually crank up the stabilizing jacks to take some weight off of the springs and tires. I assume I could manually do much the same with the self-leveling 6-point system, but I have not figured out how yet.

This anyone have real life experience with the JT strong-arm stabilizers mounted to a 6 point self-leveling system?

Any other suggestions on reducing the rocking motion are very welcome.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
28 REPLIES 28

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
The friends , they welded the bolt to the top of the foot pad .

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry I don't recall how he attached them. This was back several years ago.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ACZL wrote:
Back when we had a Silverback, another Creek owner had JT's that he added to his 6pt and said it made a diff. Don't recall how long it took him to install it tho.

I'm curious as to how they attach the JT swivel bracket to the pads on the level up . They pretty much sit flat on the ground. Possibly weld the bolts on ???

I am curious as well, I would think that they would have had to weld them to the pads, No other way to secure them in my eyes..?? :h

If I remember a friend had those add on pads , but I believe they still welded the bolts on .,Iโ€™ll check with him and get back with an answer

valhalla360 wrote:
Friends have them on their 6 point...doesn't look difficult. Just make sure to go around and release them prior to activating the system.

duplicate post, SORRY. :S
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014 wrote:
ACZL wrote:
Back when we had a Silverback, another Creek owner had JT's that he added to his 6pt and said it made a diff. Don't recall how long it took him to install it tho.

I'm curious as to how they attach the JT swivel bracket to the pads on the level up . They pretty much sit flat on the ground. Possibly weld the bolts on ???

I am curious as well, I would think that they would have had to weld them to the pads, No other way to secure them in my eyes..?? :h
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
CabinetmakerII wrote:
We bought our new DRV in October which is equipped with a 6 point leveling system which I admit I am still learning hoe to use it. The systems legs are installed with a 5/3 degree splay outward at the bottom to help stabilize the coach. As mentioned by others, I placed a stack of leveling blocks under each jack to shorten the throw and help minimize the movement felt inside. We still had some unwanted movement inside so I placed screw jacks under the factory installed hitch at the rear of the coach and used our king pin tripod on the front. Finally a rock solid coach with no movement. Still thinking about installing JT Strong arms however.

Same here, the screw jacks at the rear under the receiver hitch , they may make the difference, but weโ€™re on mine when bought . Mine is pretty solid , no movement that I really noticed.

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our new DRV in October which is equipped with a 6 point leveling system which I admit I am still learning hoe to use it. The systems legs are installed with a 5/3 degree splay outward at the bottom to help stabilize the coach. As mentioned by others, I placed a stack of leveling blocks under each jack to shorten the throw and help minimize the movement felt inside. We still had some unwanted movement inside so I placed screw jacks under the factory installed hitch at the rear of the coach and used our king pin tripod on the front. Finally a rock solid coach with no movement. Still thinking about installing JT Strong arms however.
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
learntorv wrote:
Anyway, coming back around to the original post. I had a lot of movement with our 6 point leveling system and family of 4 in our toy hauler. I always wanted to add the Steadyfast system but haven't gotten around to it.

Got a set sitting In my garage, I built a set ,I copied the Steadyfast . Took them off my previous fifth wheel , planned on putting them on the one we have now , but with the 6 point level up I feel like they are not needed . But there is only two of us .

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
Anyway, coming back around to the original post. I had a lot of movement with our 6 point leveling system and family of 4 in our toy hauler. I always wanted to add the Steadyfast system but haven't gotten around to it.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
" I'm a shrimp kind of guy, but will settle for a nice burger or steak. Have that on the menu Cummins?"

Great Butcher near by!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Maybe even some Salmon.

HMMM you were "edited"

Yes... because I just 'QUOTED" your post along with the pics.... the mods don't always like multiple quoting....

Like this one.:B

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

ACZL wrote:
I as well made up wooden packs out of 2x10x16". Screwed 2 together, added a handle and wholla. Like Cummins and FTG, place them under the legs as needed to reduce the gap between pad and ground. Overall w/ a 41' coach we get some wiggle, but nothing we cringe about. But as the old saying goes: "If the camper's a rockin'----don't come a knockin'"!

FTG---if you go out west, ya might need to get a dually! LOL Personally, I'm a shrimp kind of guy, but will settle for a nice burger or steak. Have that on the menu Cummins?

Mike,,

It will be a DRW ... my SRW is PERFECT for my style of camping as of right now.... weekends here and there within 2-1/2 ride.... 1 larger trip yearly.... thats is... as soon as I get my reigns OFF, it will be a DRW and west bound for me !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7