Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Six-point leveling system -- reduce rocking
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Six-point leveling system -- reduce rocking

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
CabinetmakerII

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/20 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought our new DRV in October which is equipped with a 6 point leveling system which I admit I am still learning hoe to use it. The systems legs are installed with a 5/3 degree splay outward at the bottom to help stabilize the coach. As mentioned by others, I placed a stack of leveling blocks under each jack to shorten the throw and help minimize the movement felt inside. We still had some unwanted movement inside so I placed screw jacks under the factory installed hitch at the rear of the coach and used our king pin tripod on the front. Finally a rock solid coach with no movement. Still thinking about installing JT Strong arms however.

Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2006 700 Arctic Cat ATV (X2)(Retired)
2014 Kawasaki Tyrex 4LE Side by Side

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/20 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CabinetmakerII wrote:

We bought our new DRV in October which is equipped with a 6 point leveling system which I admit I am still learning hoe to use it. The systems legs are installed with a 5/3 degree splay outward at the bottom to help stabilize the coach. As mentioned by others, I placed a stack of leveling blocks under each jack to shorten the throw and help minimize the movement felt inside. We still had some unwanted movement inside so I placed screw jacks under the factory installed hitch at the rear of the coach and used our king pin tripod on the front. Finally a rock solid coach with no movement. Still thinking about installing JT Strong arms however.

Same here, the screw jacks at the rear under the receiver hitch , they may make the difference, but we’re on mine when bought . Mine is pretty solid , no movement that I really noticed.

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/20 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back when we had a Silverback, another Creek owner had JT's that he added to his 6pt and said it made a diff. Don't recall how long it took him to install it tho.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/20 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

Back when we had a Silverback, another Creek owner had JT's that he added to his 6pt and said it made a diff. Don't recall how long it took him to install it tho.

I'm curious as to how they attach the JT swivel bracket to the pads on the level up . They pretty much sit flat on the ground. Possibly weld the bolts on ???

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/20 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

ACZL wrote:

I'm curious as to how they attach the JT swivel bracket to the pads on the level up . They pretty much sit flat on the ground. Possibly weld the bolts on ???

I am curious as well, I would think that they would have had to weld them to the pads, No other way to secure them in my eyes..?? [emoticon]

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/20 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Friends have them on their 6 point...doesn't look difficult. Just make sure to go around and release them prior to activating the system.

duplicate post, SORRY. [emoticon]

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/20 04:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

ACZL wrote:

I am curious as well, I would think that they would have had to weld them to the pads, No other way to secure them in my eyes..?? [emoticon]

If I remember a friend had those add on pads , but I believe they still welded the bolts on .,I’ll check with him and get back with an answer

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/20 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sorry I don't recall how he attached them. This was back several years ago.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/28/20 08:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The friends , they welded the bolt to the top of the foot pad .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Six-point leveling system -- reduce rocking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.