cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Room Creeps In

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I have a HWH Touch Panel-Controlled Leveling System 310 Series Space Maker Room Extension System on my 2002 Winnie. I have read the Operators Manual(ML19429/MP05.3219) and just downloaded the Service Manual(ML 21956) and according to both manuals, my problem is a leaking Retract Solenoid Valve.

My Problem is that there are three thousand, six hundred, eighty seven different written descriptions and illustrations of the locations of the valves.

The description of my solenoids is as follows, there are four, 2" solenoids with "T" handle relief valves that are over the reseviour tank. There are two 1 1/2" solenoids with 1/4" relief valves below the four 2" solenoids and to on the opposite side of the manifold.

None of the descriptions, verbal or illustrative completely match my system,

So I tried extending the room and then loosening the bleeder valves and found that when I loosened the two under the valves for the jacks, the room stopped creeping in. I took this to mean that one of those two valves is the extension valve. Now, how do I determine which one is the retract valve.

If I loosen the other two bleeder valves one at a time and try to retract the room, shouldn't the room stay extended?

Or is there another way to isolate or tell visually which of the two valves on the side opposite the manifold from the extend valves is the leaking retract valve.

I know this is a long post but simply put, how do I find the leaking retract solenoid valve?
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
D.E.Bishop wrote:
Thank you Doug. I've got a new assembly on order. Can the valves be rebuilt?

By HWH (solenoids). There are no parts HWH sells to rebuild in the field. You used to have the option of a Reman Solenoid or a new solenoid. Doug

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Doug. I've got a new assembly on order. Can the valves be rebuilt?
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The simple answer is, you seem to have 2 slide rooms. the 5100 wire is for slide room 1 retract solenoid. 5101 is for the slide 2 retract solenoid. You should be able to read those numbers on the quick connect wire harness at each solenoid. Now if you have 2 slide rooms you have 2 extend and 2 retract. The Retract are above the motor. Looking at them from the T handle side, the right is room 1 retract and the left is room 2 retract. The solenoids for extend and retract are 180 degrees on each side of the manifold. Replace the bad retract solenoid. Do not attempt to rebuild or replace the O rings. This is the 1.5 inch solenoid replacement. Doug

RAP90729

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
MountainAir05 wrote:
After reading the manual, you are correct on your troubleshooting. Now have you remove the valve and looked at the o-ring. While the valve is out cover the pump and valve assemble and flush out the whole system and put in new fluid. I flush my whole system every few years just to keep the junk flush out.

NEVER remove a HWH solenoid valve unless you have replacement o rings(there are several on each solenoid). When removing a HWH solenoid valve you will make a small nick in some of the O rings that will then leak. Where do you think you will get "junk" on a HWH slide or jack system? There are no moving metal parts on a HWH system. I have over 35 years of working on HWH systems and NEVER have I had any "junk" in a system or junk that caused a problem. doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
After reading the manual, you are correct on your troubleshooting. Now have you remove the valve and looked at the o-ring. While the valve is out cover the pump and valve assemble and flush out the whole system and put in new fluid. I flush my whole system every few years just to keep the junk flush out.