cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any "Real" Unlimited Plans?

Texsinbad
Explorer
Explorer
Within the next couple of months, we hope to hit the road and looking for “real” unlimited data for internet while traveling.

Things might change, but we probably stream/download 50 gigs a DAY. So, we really need unlimited plan.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
55 REPLIES 55

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
learntorv wrote:
Prime purchases are something we never stopped. We had a campground bring our packages in the bucket of their tractor one day!
Cool. I wish they could bring me my old Hawaii 5-0 episodes.

You DO realize that you can simply BUY all of the episodes in a complete DVD collection for a $100 and not have to pay one red cent more forever and play them until the DVD player wears out and then some?

HERE

People now days have gotten so used to the "subscription based" programming that they fail to see that they are continually throwing away their money.. Buy once and be done with it.

And if I remember correctly "MeTV" back a couple of yrs ago had the old series on the OTA programming schedule along with many other old TVs shows for 100% FREE right off the air.

I captured all episodes of The Wild Wild West by using a OTA tuner with a media recorder that records the programs to a hard drive..

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
learntorv wrote:
Prime purchases are something we never stopped. We had a campground bring our packages in the bucket of their tractor one day!
Cool. I wish they could bring me my old Hawaii 5-0 episodes.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I do miss all my youtubes and Prime purchases on the road. At a 28Gig monthly limit I have to be careful.

riah
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it's as simple as he doesn't log on frequently?
Happy New Year eve all!
(Personally I'm not sad to see the end of 2020!)

Bill.Satellite wrote:
OP has posted twice since the original post...........We have wasted a bunch of time explaining reality to someone not interested in facts.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
learntorv wrote:
Comcast offered a monthly upgrade fee to exceed the 1.2 TB limit.
That's good. Since it's just me at home I don't think I'll have that problem. I do miss all my youtubes and Prime purchases on the road. At a 28Gig monthly limit I have to be careful.

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Not a chance. My home Comcast is topping out at (I think) 1.2T.

I was just shopping for home internet for my in-laws last night. Comcast offered a monthly upgrade fee to exceed the 1.2 TB limit. You could either pay for overage fees (up to a max) or just pay for an out and out "unlimited" fee each month that takes the upper limit away.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
learntorv wrote:
But, no matter what- he's not going to find a real unlimited plan that will support 15 TB of data in a month. Heck, I'm surprised his home broadband internet doesn't give him fits about it!
Not a chance. My home Comcast is topping out at (I think) 1.2T.

I guess that's what I like about Directv. Truly "unlimited".

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Allow me to rephrase. Is it even reasonable, for this OP, given his situation, to download 50g a day?

Maybe yes, maybe no. It depends on where he's staying, I imagine. I've seen speeds as high as 100mb download speeds and then 5 miles away, as low as 1mb download speeds. :B If you luck into a place with fast service, then it seems reasonable he could hit 50gb per day with the 4k TV streaming that he talked about.

But, no matter what- he's not going to find a real unlimited plan that will support 15 TB of data in a month. Heck, I'm surprised his home broadband internet doesn't give him fits about it!

JamesWise
Explorer
Explorer
I use https://safarisolutionsllc.com/. It is truly unlimited (including no throttling) using AT&T service for $90 per month (though I think new subscribers are now at $100). Here's my review: https://goo.gl/maps/5pGFy8U42NmJ4Wki7
I
Feel free to ask me if you have any questions or concerns. I'm typically getting 25 GB down (or higher) and 10 GB or so up. Ping time of 25-30 ms. No problems streaming video, working remotely, Microsoft Teams Video calls, etc..

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP has posted twice since the original post...........We have wasted a bunch of time explaining reality to someone not interested in facts.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
learntorv wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Is it even possible to download 50G a day on a phone?
Sure, why wouldn't it be?
Allow me to rephrase. Is it even reasonable, for this OP, given his situation, to download 50g a day?

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

Sure, why wouldn't it be?

But, more likely than not, folks are using hotspot devices with multiple devices connected to it. For instance, I have my hotspot device connected to a router. Then connected to that router are: 2-4 laptops, 1-2 iPads, 2-3 phones, 2 TVs, and 1-2 smart outlets. Plus whatever devices friends bring over- we've had a dozen kids in the camper all playing games together on their iPads against each other.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer

learntorv
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
And how much is your monthly , weekly daily data usage certainly Not 50 gig a day
I'm online a lot I watch movies and you tube , post on forums, download etc, I also share my att hotspot account, I seldom hit 100+ gig for an entire month,
Usually 40 gig or so, 60 to 80 if I have been saving video content to watch at another time,
Maybe multiple people streaming different content at the same time for Long hours or massive online role playing gaming
A 4 person team in battle on call of duty or wowc
Live video broadcast streaming from the rv ?

We were fulltime for 5 years now. Family of 4- both kids doing homeschool (which is varying levels of online use), and a lot of online entertainment. While people were awake from about 9am to 2am, someone was streaming music and/or YouTube and/or TV and/or just showing pictures from our Flickr stream.

And then I work a normal 40 hour/9-5 job. I do a lot of screen sharing, ton of chat, fair amount of Internet browsing as I figure out developer things, and then transferring code files and builds.

We would use somewhere in the ballpark of 100-150gb on Verizon and then another 100-200gb on AT&T in a regular month.

We didn't watch a whole lot in high-def as our Internet speeds rarely supported it. But, there was a lot of streaming.

valhalla360 wrote:
I'm betting your friend got his units mixed up. You can run SD video 24/7 for a month on only use about 0.5TB. So with other use, he may have been using 0.6-0.8TB.

And as you say, the companies watch usage and will cancel you for abusing the unlimited plans.

No, it was 6-8 terabytes!