Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Any "Real" Unlimited Plans?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Any "Real" Unlimited Plans?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/20 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its a troll guys

HackerAce

Tualatin, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/20 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe he meant 50MB per day? I have never heard of anyone outside of an organization using even close to 50GB per day.

My organization uses 1 to 2 TB per day but that is for 500 people.

John McKean

1999 National Tropical
1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five MK III Kit
2015 Hyundai Genesis
2013 Polaris RZR 800 S

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/20 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

newman fulltimer wrote:

Its a troll guys

OP has been a member since 2015 and only 7 posts and this thread would count as one of the posts..

Not sure about a Troll, perhaps confused about how much data they use but if you are streaming all 4K UHD content, you can burn up a lot of data in a hurry..

Per HERE 4K UHD content can use 25Mbps (Meg Bits Per Second)which is 1.5gb (gig bit) per minute and for a 2 hr movie your looking at 360Gb (gig Bit) per movie.

My Cable Internet has a 1.5Tb data cap, I would only be able to stream FOUR 2hr movies in 4K UHD per month..

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/20 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FMCA Tech Connect from Sprint/T-mobile (Sprint side) I observed no lmits when I had it. Now speeds varied from around 5 Mbps to over 100 depending on where i Was (only one spot hit 100) At the time Sprint and T-mobile had JUST announced the merger and towers were still one or the other... With the merger of towers now rumored to be complete. I don't know how that will affect the speed.

50/month and one time 50 setup... I was happy.

Only issue is occasionally I had to shut off. and turn back on (not restart) the device A few times I just did a restart. one time I had to power off then back on.

Home is where I park it.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

folivier

Southeast Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/20 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geez, just stay home. There's so much to see and do as you travel you should find you only watch an hour or so tv and internet each day.

lryrob9301

Mid-Atlantic

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/20 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The OP posted this same thing over on another RV forum with the same responses there, nothing available at that usage level.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/20 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I record 1080p broadcast OTA TV, it is 6 gigabyte per hour video stream,
No video stream I have watched and recorded from online has exceeded 2GB per HR, a 2HR streamed movie approximately 4GB of data, to stream 50GB of HD video will require 24HR continuous HD video stream
Yes Less hours for 4k uhd streams, but I don't think either is a realistic possibility over cellular data network, even if I could get those data speeds, I could not spend that amount of time with eyes glued to the screen,
How did you come to the conclusion you need 50 giga bytes of data stream per day??
Most telcos throttle after the plan wifi hotspot data tether limit 10 GB per MONTH, you are going to need multiple accounts/lines just to cover one day of 50GB !!
Some services will give you more hotspot data per month , none are going to allow 50GB per day average use

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

rr2254545

Central Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/20 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think he got mixed up on usage

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee, Air Force One, Blue Ox Avail tow bar
374 Campgrounds,85K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 1858 nights camping since we retired in July 2009

learntorv

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/20 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

folivier wrote:

Geez, just stay home. There's so much to see and do as you travel you should find you only watch an hour or so tv and internet each day.

We don't all camp like you do. I personally work a 9-5 job remotely. Being able to take the RV out and still be able to work is wonderful. It allowed me to fulltime and travel the country with my family of 4 for the past 5 years.

Just because you use entertainment differently doesn't mean everyone does.

learntorv

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/20 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

50 gig per day?

That's crazy high, around 1,500 gig per month?

Your going to pay a crazy amount per month IF you can find a wireless provider that will be willing to give 1.5TB or higher limits per month.

No, Cell wireless Internet is not really "unlimited" per say, they won't stop you from using it but they WILL "throttle" you down to dial up speeds after you reach the agreement threshhold.. And I suspect you won't be happy with 53Kb-128kb throttle speeds.

Might want to rethink your streaming usage, you may need to force streaming to SD 480i instead of HD video. Find OTHER ways to entertain yourself like buying or renting DVDs.. Don't depend on campgrounds wifi, they are often over congested and weak which makes streaming pretty much worthless.

A friend was required to be on live video for work. He said he used 6 to 8 terabytes (TB) of data per month. He had a couple of grandfathered unlimited Verizon plans. It's worked well for him for the past couple of years. I honestly don't know how he never got pinched- friends had a grandfathered Verizon plan and Verizon cancelled it on them after they consistently used 800-900gb per month.

My family had both a grandfathered unlimited data plan on AT&T and one on Verizon. I always debated getting a 3rd provider for some of the more urban areas we would camp in snowbirding season. We used anywhere from 200-500gb per month.

Unfortunately none of these plans are available any longer. For the OP's data usage of 50gb a day, you're going to have a hard time finding plans that support this.

I generally refer folks to rvmobileinternet.com and suggest they pay for a 1-year subscription. It can help to see what plans are out there. Technomadia does a good job of keeping up with the latest in mobile internet news.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Any "Real" Unlimited Plans?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.