cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dog food scam

Jerrybo66
Explorer
Explorer
. When a puppy is weaned he's given commercial dog food. They quickly learn that's what they have to eat to survive. That's what survival food taste like. They don't know what real food tastes like. They are programmed to eat what they're fed. Consider the excitement when they smell table food.It's real food.Dog owners are too lazy to consider a dog's taste of food. They buy commercial sales that their food "tastes like real beef". "Contain real chicken".. Real chicken includes heads, eye balls feet etc. Do you think they're dumping in landfill tons of chicken parts??? We're not to think about it.Just read the label..Read the human label about how great the food is for your pet.. What happens to be the heads, guts,etc. ? It's real chicken. Our Rotti that has passed on because of a breathing problem wouldn't come to the kitchen to eat. She wouldn't even look at Blue Buff Turkey but would wait in the kitchen and bark when I took too long to make her home cooked meal. I cooked for "my little brother" aka 15yo Pit Bull but thought our new rescue Pit would eat commercial. When I smelled it with added chicken and broth and it smelled the same going in as it would coming out, I'm now cooking. I just couldn't feed her dog food. .. Our new rescue 85# Pit checks her bowl a couple times not to miss flakes of oats etc. Commercial food is a scam .Would you eat it ?? Does it even smell,taste like food ?? Is it even human editable?? Our pets don't know the difference. They eat only to survive. Gullible people buy their products..Read the labels."taste like filet magnon" ??..Think about it... We, and our dogs are being scammed, big time....... Been there, done that.....
Jerry
Support the Country you live in or live in the Country you support
2003 Sierra SP 26'Toy Hauler
1997 F-350, PSD, 4X4, red Crew Cab, long bed.
2007 Arctic Cat Prowler, Arctic Cat 500
28 REPLIES 28

BettyMiller
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I do not agree with you, not always feed such kaimi you describe them. In fact, if the dogs are fed what they like, it can lead to not the most pleasant consequences. Initially, I also pampered my dog with everything he liked, including sweets. However, the sweets brought us a lot of unpleasant consequences. After a visit to the vet, my dog was put on a strict diet. We chose the best dog food which was both delicious and very healthy. After the dog began to eat good food, he became much more energetic and healthy, so be careful with the nutrition of your four-legged friends.

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
valhalla360 wrote:
When we lost our beagle, the first time I dropped something on the floor...we both stared at it for a minute before it struck that someone had to actually clean it up.

Been there, done that too.....and got choked up about it.
Having 4 dogs is good. There's always one in the room with you. ๐Ÿ™‚
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
LJAZ wrote:
I have 4 dogs so the attractiveness of the food is directly proportional to the number of dogs present. If I drop a piece of lettuce on the floor and there is only one dog in the kitchen it gets ignored, but if there's 2 or more the closest dog will scarf it down in a flash. Sometimes before it even hits the floor. :B

When we lost our beagle, the first time I dropped something on the floor...we both stared at it for a minute before it struck that someone had to actually clean it up.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Bert the Welder wrote:
LJAZ wrote:
Deb and Ed M wrote:
- they seem to like almost all "people food" although dill pickles are met with a "thanks, but no thanks" walkaway....LOL!

I have 4 dogs so the attractiveness of the food is directly proportional to the number of dogs present. If I drop a piece of lettuce on the floor and there is only one dog in the kitchen it gets ignored, but if there's 2 or more the closest dog will scarf it down in a flash. Sometimes before it even hits the floor. :B

LOL!!! ^This^

Only my springers wouldn't eat off the floor. My bloodhound, all 150 lbs of him, could beat out any dog alive to get to food. There was no such thing as food hitting the floor with him around!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
LJAZ wrote:
Deb and Ed M wrote:
- they seem to like almost all "people food" although dill pickles are met with a "thanks, but no thanks" walkaway....LOL!

LOL!!! ^This^
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever I give Sasha something new to eat she watches Sawyer to see if he eats it first.

LJAZ
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
thomasmnile wrote:
Biscuit: If it's Boars Head pork and beef bologna or the garlic bologna, that's fine eating, fried or grilled with mustard, American cheese and onion of course. :B

Try it fried on an onion bagel with cream cheese.:p
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can even start to understand this rant. I thought it was a non English speaking spammer at first. Then I saw Jerry was a "senior" member.
Sorry Jerry, but there is so much non-sense in that,post, I'm genuinely concerned you've had some sort of episode.

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Do you actually know what dogs eat the wild?

Cooperative Extension USDA wrote:
Food Habits

Like coyotes, feral dogs have catholic diets and are best described as opportunistic feeders. They can be efficient predators, preying on small and large animals, including domestic livestock. Many rely on carrion, particularly road-killed animals, crippled waterfowl, green vegetation, berries and other fruits, and refuse at garbage dumps.

Feral Dogs

catholic = โ€œ including a wide variety of things; all-embracing.โ€
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
thomasmnile wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:

And I get a bologna sandwich

Biscuit: If it's Boars Head pork and beef bologna or the garlic bologna, that's fine eating, fried or grilled with mustard, American cheese and onion of course. :B

Oh YEAH!

Ain't no Oscar package stuff

Is there any way else but GRILLED
Boars Head is good stuff, I like their products.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
The Collies eat Pedigree dry food every day mixed with human food. They like frozen broccoli as a treat. It's not uncommon for them to get a hamburger from Wendy's or a chicken sandwich. If I have pizza they get a slice. I beleive moderation is important

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I'm fine with feeding my dogs the same stuff every day - I know they are getting a balanced meal made specifically for dogs. I add a teeny bit of meat or veggies to their food, simply because it encourages them to eat. I'll share a small piece of apple - they seem to like almost all "people food" although dill pickles are met with a "thanks, but no thanks" walkaway....LOL!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!