Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: 22 to 24 foot garage?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> 22 to 24 foot garage?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
thomas201

Eastern Panhandle WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/20 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are looking at a toy (plane), that would need a flat floor (no wheel wells)22 feet long (24 would be nice for a winch) X 8 feet high (9 is better) X 8 feet wide. No cabinets, no junk on the walls, no folding bed, just a box. Normally just 2 of us traveling, so 10 to 14 feet of living quarters should be enough. It is light, less than 1,000 pounds with full tanks.

I spent about 4 hours looking on the net, but nothing so far. I thought that I would ask rather than reinventing the wheel. Otherwise, a truck camper and trailer.

KD4UPL

Swoope, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/20 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So you're looking for a toy hauler that is mostly a huge garage? I don't think it exists in a production RV. I've never seen one anyway.
You might look for "race car" trailers. These are what auto racers take to the track to hold their car and their tools. Many of the fancier ones have a small living quarters in the front.
Otherwise, you can have something custom built. Featherlite is one company that will do it; they make most of the NASCAR haulers. There's a great dealer not far from you in Harrisonburg, VA: Huffman Trailer Sales. They could probably order just about anything you could want.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/20 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They exist. They're called open floor plan toy haulers, as opposed to garage models. The open floor plans were the original haulers.

Here's a current example, but it's not long enough or wide enough for you because of the slide.

[image]

Try going to https://images.google.com and search for "open floor plan toy hauler" to see examples. Hopefully you'll find one long enough for your plane.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/20 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Car haulers with living quarters will work for you.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/20 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out ATC 4528 (Aluminum Trailer Company). It looks like they will build what ever you want. Of course, you will have to sell the plane to afford the trailer!

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/20 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You could also try horse trailers, though I'm not sure if you can get one wide enough.

Really, for this I would suggest a small motorhome pulling an enclosed trailer.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/20 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I appreciate all the creative ideas, but there really are nicely outfitted toy haulers with large open floor plans that should fit your needs.

Do you have a big enough truck to pull a large fifth wheel? Anything with that large of a space will be pretty big.

PhilipB

MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/20 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Might check out Cimmaron trailers. Transwest is selling them with Outlaw living conversions. Will be pricey. Probably better quality than standard RV manufacturers.

2015 Ram 2500
2013 Raptor 310TS

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 12/24/20 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Pace car trailer 9ft tall 32ft box. I removed the living area in front so I could haul my Smart car in front of the race car. I tow it with a DP.

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/20 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.shadowtrailer.com/store/c27/STW-Cargo-with-living-quarters

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> 22 to 24 foot garage?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.