Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: 22 to 24 foot garage?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> 22 to 24 foot garage?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

29 foot of cargo in this toyhauler
https://youtu.be/M_gL7LZtfYg

Blackdiamond

So. Cal

View Profile

Posted: 12/28/20 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomas201 wrote:

We are looking at a toy (plane), that would need a flat floor (no wheel wells)22 feet long (24 would be nice for a winch) X 8 feet high (9 is better) X 8 feet wide. No cabinets, no junk on the walls, no folding bed, just a box. Normally just 2 of us traveling, so 10 to 14 feet of living quarters should be enough. It is light, less than 1,000 pounds with full tanks.

I spent about 4 hours looking on the net, but nothing so far. I thought that I would ask rather than reinventing the wheel. Otherwise, a truck camper and trailer.
Would be easier finding a unicorn or weaving straw into gold. Just a empty trailer 16' long is over 1000lbs.

You need to rethink things.

03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

thomas201

Eastern Panhandle WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/21 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the help, but it looks like the truck camper and trailer is going to win. An enclosed trailer can also be used as a hanger, plus I can drop the trailer and camper, then have a 4wd pickup for different exploring.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/21 10:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blackdiamond wrote:

thomas201 wrote:

We are looking at a toy (plane), that would need a flat floor (no wheel wells)22 feet long (24 would be nice for a winch) X 8 feet high (9 is better) X 8 feet wide. No cabinets, no junk on the walls, no folding bed, just a box. Normally just 2 of us traveling, so 10 to 14 feet of living quarters should be enough. It is light, less than 1,000 pounds with full tanks.

I spent about 4 hours looking on the net, but nothing so far. I thought that I would ask rather than reinventing the wheel. Otherwise, a truck camper and trailer.
Would be easier finding a unicorn or weaving straw into gold. Just a empty trailer 16' long is over 1000lbs.

You need to rethink things.

From black Diamond to black Diamond, the OP meant the plane is 1000lbs.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/21 10:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomas201 wrote:

Thanks for the help, but it looks like the truck camper and trailer is going to win. An enclosed trailer can also be used as a hanger, plus I can drop the trailer and camper, then have a 4wd pickup for different exploring.

Probably a bit more utility/versatility out of a TC/cargo trailer combo, and easier to have a nice setup without breaking the bank, but a LQ race trailer would be the mackin setup and you’d have a more easily detachable truck for side trips.

A simple high roof cargo trailer can be had fairly reasonably. Comparatively speaking.

Give MTI trailers a look. I bought a small basic MTI cargo trailer back in WI a few years ago for a 1 way trip. So I only owned it for literally about a week before I sold it. But I tugged it over over 2000 miles. Much of it at 80-90mph and it was very well built.
I have an older Charmac snomachine trailer currently and used to have a Triton enclosed and I feel the quality of MTI was on par with those and significantly more economical apples to apples.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> 22 to 24 foot garage?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.