cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic RV Toilet - Model 300

Terry_Patrick
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a 2017 Keystone Bullet Premier and have just replaced the flush ball seal for the Dometic, model 300 toilet. Despite the new seal, water still seeps away from the bowl. Is there an adjustment for controlling the “pressure wipe” of the ball against the rubber seal?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick Russell
2017 Keystone Bullet Premier 19FBPR towed by a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Terry and I now have two small dogs - Sofie (Shih Tzu) and Cody (Silky Terrier Mix)
10 REPLIES 10

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
The video that OldBiscuit posted is EXACTLY what happened to me. Before I break camp I use an old ax handle to prop open the flush valve so the tank can fill. One time I got the handle down a little too far and it disengaged the piece mentioned in the video. Boy, was that an easy fix and a lesson learned.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Nice of you to post, concerning your good experience with Dometic! It is good to know that some manufacturers will stand behind their product.

Jerry

Terry_Patrick
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to thank those who suggested I contact Dometic about the issues on my model 300 toilet. I called customer service, quoted my serial # and the lady confirmed it was on the service bulletin. I chose to pay $100 to get a model 310 with self-closing, wooden seat. Otherwise, it was $75 for the standard toilet. Thank you Dometic. You were wonderful. It arrived 1-week later by UPS. Such an easy install!
2017 Keystone Bullet Premier 19FBPR towed by a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Terry and I now have two small dogs - Sofie (Shih Tzu) and Cody (Silky Terrier Mix)

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
This model can have this issue if you hold it open and brush inside to clean. this can move the pivot on the left side and the ball will not seal and leak. easy to fix and a u tube video showed me how and that fixed the issue. Had it for 5 winters and really like it because so easy to install a new seal.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:
I don't know what toilet the OP has, Dometic has 300 series toilets with model numbers of 310 and higher. The black seal and the flush valve are replaceable in this series, any other problems require a complete toilet replacement.

Dometic has:

Plus 500 series, 5000 series, 8500 series, 8700 series, etc, etc

OP stated they had a 300.....info concerning the bowl seal was posted

Dometic 300 Series were recalled due to leak between factory sealed bowl/base assembly.

To confirm if your toilet is part of the Dometic recall, check the toilet model and serial number on the label that is located on the toilet base under the water value. Have this information available when you call their Service Center at 800-321-9886 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET).
** Usually can upgrade to 310 Porcelain Bowl----just pay upgrade fee
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what toilet the OP has, Dometic has 300 series toilets with model numbers of 310 and higher. The black seal and the flush valve are replaceable in this series, any other problems require a complete toilet replacement.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
On ours when it did that, I called Dometic and asked if their was any adjustment and if not could I buy a new one and the lady said no, but we will overnight us a whole new toilet and just discard that one.
Now two years later a few weeks ago, water leaked around the flush peddle unit on the new one
Since I have my trailer on a permanent site, I removed it and the black tank and installed a residential toilet along with a shut off in the water line and regular pvc piping.
Dometic stands by their toilets, but unfortunately their toilets are junk!

Guy

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
I understand that all 300 were recalled and replaced with 310's. Call the manufacturer.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out this video----simple fix

IF that is NOT your issue then Reset the Bowl Seal
1. Hold flush ball open by pressing on pedal.
2. Using finger, apply moderate downward pressure around edge of ball seal.
3. Close flush ball.
4. Keeping flush ball closed, pour one quart of hot tap water into toilet bowl.
5. Let water cool completely.
6. Check for leak.

*Ball valve needs to be clean/No gouges/scrapes and move freely

Other then the pivot points there are NO adjustments
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Is the valve tight? Is it worn?
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member