Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Steering wheel vibration
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Steering wheel vibration

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/20 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

while that might not be the case all the time it did happen to me one day in the summer of 2019. i was returning home from an errand in our '46 Willys CJ2A. each time i slowed or stopped i felt a vibration from the right front. it didn't happen while accelerating but rather than head home i went to the garage that does all my work. the service mgr is a buddy so he hopped in and we took a drive around the block to show him what was happening. as i slowed to turn back into the shop's driiveway, this happened...

[image]

the resulting force nearly tossed us out of the vehicle. we were able to hang on only because we were doing < 5mph. had i not diverted to the garage it might have happened while i was running ~40mph and i might not have been able to hang on.

oh...the problem was a broken cotter pin, likely original to the vehicle. i had them all replaced and iinspected each year.

Do you ever have any concerns about your bottom side sitting on top of the fuel tank? Shhhhh, don't tell Ralph Nader. GRIN.

Richard

95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
Web Master
MWPSchooners.com
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/20 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

At least the lug nuts are still on tight..[emoticon]....Dennis

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/20 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RLS7201 wrote:

rk911 wrote:

while that might not be the case all the time it did happen to me one day in the summer of 2019. i was returning home from an errand in our '46 Willys CJ2A. each time i slowed or stopped i felt a vibration from the right front. it didn't happen while accelerating but rather than head home i went to the garage that does all my work. the service mgr is a buddy so he hopped in and we took a drive around the block to show him what was happening. as i slowed to turn back into the shop's driiveway, this happened...

[image]

the resulting force nearly tossed us out of the vehicle. we were able to hang on only because we were doing < 5mph. had i not diverted to the garage it might have happened while i was running ~40mph and i might not have been able to hang on.

oh...the problem was a broken cotter pin, likely original to the vehicle. i had them all replaced and iinspected each year.

Do you ever have any concerns about your bottom side sitting on top of the fuel tank? Shhhhh, don't tell Ralph Nader. GRIN.

Richard

lol. i don't smoke. when my shop was disassembling it for restoration we found the gas tank was riddled with numerous small pinholes likely from rust. my sense of smell is poor so i was glad i didn't smoke,

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Steering wheel vibration
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.