Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Comcast to charge extra for exceeding 1.2 TB data
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

 > Comcast to charge extra for exceeding 1.2 TB data

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
NamMedevac 70

Reno

Full Member

Joined: 11/09/2020

View Profile



Posted: 12/24/20 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

According to many users and experts 1.2 TB of data is not much for people using Zoom conferences for personal and business purposes and also large households with many family members streaming internet data at same time most of the time. More info here. I am not a Comcast customer but Spectrum may be next however this is a small household.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/cord-cutting-leading-to-surge-in-surcharges Happy Trails and camping everyone

* This post was edited 12/25/20 07:07am by NamMedevac 70 *

rk911

DuPage County

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/24/20 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Clicky


Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
_________________________________
2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
'46 Willys CJ2A
'03 Jeep Wrangler TJ
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Fisherman

Angus, Ontario, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 09/28/2002

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/24/20 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well there's soooo many people out there who think they're important and have to have the phone going all the time, the pad and TV. You want to pay less, turn the **** thing off and leave it at home. 30 years ago the world didn't end when the phone wasn't answered and it won't now.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/24/20 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fisherman wrote:

Well there's soooo many people out there who think they're important and have to have the phone going all the time, the pad and TV. You want to pay less, turn the **** thing off and leave it at home. 30 years ago the world didn't end when the phone wasn't answered and it won't now.


I don't believe myself to be important but I do believe being in touch IS important. Today things have actually advanced in a favorable manor over the last 30 years. Comparing today to 30 years ago is.....no, not going to go there..... My World would not end, but it would be severely crippled if I were not able to answer my phone or access the internet whenever necessary. I still make a living with these tools and do so happily!


What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

pbeverly

South Carolina

Full Member

Joined: 09/04/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/25/20 04:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Consumer Reports has a petition going on to help fight this.

https://action.consumerreports.org/20201221_finance


Ridgeway, SC

GDS-3950BH

DC

Senior Member

Joined: 12/08/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/25/20 06:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pbeverly wrote:

Consumer Reports has a petition going on to help fight this.

https://action.consumerreports.org/20201221_finance


ROFLMAO.......Now talk about wasting bandwidth and time LOL. Comcast is going to pay attention to some petition? Comcast? Really? Now that's some funny stuff.

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

Senior Member

Joined: 11/27/2005

View Profile



Posted: 12/25/20 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We should demand that the gubberment pay for it. Then it would be freeeeeeee..

[emoticon][emoticon]


2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450


pbeverly

South Carolina

Full Member

Joined: 09/04/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/25/20 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

pbeverly wrote:

Consumer Reports has a petition going on to help fight this.

https://action.consumerreports.org/20201221_finance


ROFLMAO.......Now talk about wasting bandwidth and time LOL. Comcast is going to pay attention to some petition? Comcast? Really? Now that's some funny stuff.


Consumer Reports in the past has been pivotal in pushing companies to make reasonable changes that benefit consumers. Better to do something than do nothing.

GDS-3950BH

DC

Senior Member

Joined: 12/08/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/25/20 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pbeverly wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

pbeverly wrote:

Consumer Reports has a petition going on to help fight this.

https://action.consumerreports.org/20201221_finance


ROFLMAO.......Now talk about wasting bandwidth and time LOL. Comcast is going to pay attention to some petition? Comcast? Really? Now that's some funny stuff.


Consumer Reports in the past has been pivotal in pushing companies to make reasonable changes that benefit consumers. Better to do something than do nothing.


Ok.

I wager you have never had reason to deal with the fine folks and exceptional customer service from Comcast, as well as the great values they have time and time again. They'rrrrrrre Great!

The petition may have an effect though. It will probably make them raise the prices and reduce the limit to 1TB lol.

jodeb720

Denver

Senior Member

Joined: 11/19/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/25/20 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

almost all the providers have some limits with their plans.
Look at the phone companies (e.g. Verizon, ATT, etc) they all have limits on how much data we can consume on our mobile devices.

I know, I know, they are "unlimited" but when they throttle, you're now limited.

Nam is correct about 1.2TB being consumed now that we're all working remotely and having video conference calls - plus all the other things we use for data in our households.

I will point out that comcast does have a truly unlimited data plan, but you have to pay for that at an additional fee.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what Starlink does for Data caps (or if they actually implement them). I see that being the future for all of us RVers. Take your antenna with you from the sticks & bricks and off we go on our adventure with no break in service. We'll have internet just as we do for satellite TV in remote locations.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

 > Comcast to charge extra for exceeding 1.2 TB data
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.