Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Comcast to charge extra for exceeding 1.2 TB data
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Comcast to charge extra for exceeding 1.2 TB data

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
6door74

Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/20 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I checked our usage when this was announced

Household of 4(sometimes 5)

Subscribe to streaming TV provider (AT&T TV) and have Netflix, amazon prime

Multiple cell phones, laptops

Ring security and cameras connected to wifi

Son is a "gamer" but works full time so doesn't live on the game

Parents work FT jobs, stream TV when home. I work evenings and she works days so 1 TV does stream pretty much all day. That will have to change.

Teenage daughter doesn't watch a lot of TV but is often on Facetime and streaming music

When this announcement was made i checked our usage and we've gone over the 1.2gb the last 3 months I looked at. Our usage is the same as it's pretty much always been. We're both essential workers so Covid hasn't changed too much

* This post was last edited 12/26/20 05:41pm by 6door74 *   View edit history

2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/20 11:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For RV and on the road trips I have grandfathered true unlimited AT&T Mobley hotspot with good reception most everywhere and I do heavy movie streaming and web surfing for $22.00 per month with vet discount. Also use Mobley for internet backup at home with AC adapter. Very rare slowdowns or throttling but does happen sometimes. Can use up to 5 devices.

For phone call I use grandfathered AT&T prepaid plan that only charges a dollar a day only for the actual days I use it. Charge per minute or call is almost nothing.

I have Spectrum at home with no data caps and I do very heavy movie streaming, web surfing, heavy uploading and downloading of photos, emailing, etc. etc. with very rare slowdowns and no throttling. Speeds average between 116 to 134 mbs. Sometimes over 7 devices in use. Cost is $59.00 per month. Been lucky with AT&T and Spectrum

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NamMedevac 70 wrote:

For RV and on the road trips I have grandfathered true unlimited AT&T Mobley hotspot with good reception most everywhere and I do heavy movie streaming and web surfing for $22.00 per month with vet discount. Also use Mobley for internet backup at home with AC adapter. Very rare slowdowns or throttling but does happen sometimes. Can use up to 5 devices.

For phone call I use grandfathered AT&T prepaid plan that only charges a dollar a day only for the actual days I use it. Charge per minute or call is almost nothing.

I have Spectrum at home with no data caps and I do very heavy movie streaming, web surfing, heavy uploading and downloading of photos, emailing, etc. etc. with very rare slowdowns and no throttling. Speeds average between 116 to 134 mbs. Sometimes over 7 devices in use. Cost is $59.00 per month. Been lucky with AT&T and Spectrum

All that grandfathering is great until it isn't. AT&T will one day change the rules of the game, you can count on it, they always do.
Hopefully they drag their rear ends doing it.

I wish I had $10 for every time AT&T or Verizon changed the rules even when one was under a written agreement. It's always in the fine print.

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many People Are Angry With Comcast

https://bgr.com/2020/12/25/comcast-internet-plans-data-cap-limit-charges/

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/20 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

clicky

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Comcast to charge extra for exceeding 1.2 TB data
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.