Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Easiest plumbing job I have ever done
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> Easiest plumbing job I have ever done

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
obgraham

TriCites WA

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/20 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Diamond c wrote:

Nobody has that one. Ever
They don't make them any more.

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/20 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joshuajim wrote:

Being a retired general contractor, I have a tub full of 100+ fittings. Every one except the one I need today [emoticon]

That's ME! [emoticon][emoticon]

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/20 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy Roan wrote:

I wonder what a RV repair tech or plumber would have charged ?

$500
Show up late, take long lunch and leave early, when you call you get voice mail. If you ask any questions the "tech" (term loosely used) will make a parts run and not return until the next day leaving everything unusable overnight. [emoticon]

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/20 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wish I could have changed the RV sink faucet without the wrench. Arms weren’t long enough and it was too tight.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/20 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Diamond c wrote:

Nobody has that one. Ever

Yup ! Here I am snow birding for the next four months and have 90 percent of the tools I need with me.
Naturally the other day when I needed my multi meter it dawned on me I left it with my other electrical tester on my work bench where I had intended to pack it,
So I just ordered a el-cheapo one on Amazon that I'll leave here

Guy

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 12/25/20 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Uh Huh, just wait until it is your RV bathtub faucet and it is mounted on a wall with no access on the back side. Won't be so easy then. Been there, done that.

I ended up standing in the tub and cutting a whole in the wall above the faucet. Then I could reach down to remove the lines and the nuts holding it in.

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 04:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

Uh Huh, just wait until it is your RV bathtub faucet and it is mounted on a wall with no access on the back side. Won't be so easy then. Been there, done that.

I ended up standing in the tub and cutting a whole in the wall above the faucet. Then I could reach down to remove the lines and the nuts holding it in.

I haven't had to get at mine, but there are just four screws holding the faucet unit to the shower stall and I am guessing with them removed and the faucet handles removed I can gain access to the pipes

Guy

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/20 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy Roan wrote:

CavemanCharlie wrote:

I haven't had to get at mine, but there are just four screws holding the faucet unit to the shower stall and I am guessing with them removed and the faucet handles removed I can gain access to the pipes

Guy

Lucky if true. Mine wasn't built that way I wish it had been.

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/20 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

Guy Roan wrote:

CavemanCharlie wrote:

Guy

Lucky if true. Mine wasn't built that way I wish it had been.

Uh-huh. I cut a hole and put in a marine access hatch. Still a pain to connect new faucet.
The neighbors call me the hardware store on the mountain. Odds are, I’ll have what they need, but when I need something...

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Modifications and Accessories

> Easiest plumbing job I have ever done
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.