cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Home theater these days.

jspringator
Explorer
Explorer
I think the amp on my home theater system has given up the ghost. Either that, or I have managed to blow all the speakers. I have scratch sound intermittently depending on the source. For some reason it is worse on PBS. My powered amp makes no sound, although that could be a connection issue I'm working on.

Ideally, the receiver should be a hub with cable (and other) wired and BT inputs, with powered subs and 5 speakers that are wireless (wifi or BT connections) and plug into AC for power.

How come I can't find anything like this? I admit, I bought my current system almost 20 years ago. Probably all I need to do is replace the amp and wiring to the sub.

What is a reasonable home theater system these days?
Jim & Sherri
02 Winnebago Sightseer 27c Class A;
"Scout" Springer Spaniel, gone but not forgotten;
"Boo" Chocolate Labradoodle.
3 REPLIES 3

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Already buy it? Cliff note version is the soundbars are easy to setup. While speakers and a receiver will sound better.

With your skills and budget i think a soundbar would be a mistake. Im new to all this. But what ive seen is the new setup is Dolby Atmos. Its your regular surround sound but they add speakers in the ceiling. If a movie supports that code and there is a helicopter flying overhead those top firing speakers will play the sound.

Some of the soundbar setups try to replicate this by having speakers on the ground that fire up at the ceiling and bounce back down.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
jspringator wrote:
I found the answer to my question. Sonos.

Sonos Arc soundbar with powered sub and 2 rear speakers

I need to decide if it is worth $1,800.

I fixed my sub, so I'm good for a while. This system has no receiver. The tv stuff goes directly into the tv, and the TV sould out goes to the sound bar. It is all connected via an app, just like the Google WIFI I set up last week.

I replaced my traditional suround sound with sonos last year. I love it, clean looking no more sterio cabnet and so on. all I have is the beam for the sound bar and the two rear speakers, Ill probably move the beem to the bedroom and upgrade to the playbar and sub in the front room.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

jspringator
Explorer
Explorer
I found the answer to my question. Sonos.

Sonos Arc soundbar with powered sub and 2 rear speakers

I need to decide if it is worth $1,800.

I fixed my sub, so I'm good for a while. This system has no receiver. The tv stuff goes directly into the tv, and the TV sould out goes to the sound bar. It is all connected via an app, just like the Google WIFI I set up last week.
Jim & Sherri
02 Winnebago Sightseer 27c Class A;
"Scout" Springer Spaniel, gone but not forgotten;
"Boo" Chocolate Labradoodle.