Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Busted!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Busted!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev
Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

SpeakEasy wrote:

jerem0621 wrote:

Come to Tennessee like the thousands of New Yorkers moving here ASAP. Not being political. It’s just a fact of life. This state is exploding with folks from California and New York/ New Jersey. Not sure why, can’t put my finger on it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the invitation! I'm sure I would like it in Tennessee. Governor Cuomo has actually encouraged people who disagree with him about social issues to leave the state!

Be careful, however. Immigrants from California and New York may bring ideas with them that could ruin the good life y'all have cultivated down there.

One of my daughters and her family have relocated to NC, so if we're going anywhere it would probably be to NC.

(But back to the topic at hand: I suspect there are communities in Tennessee that would tell me the same thing about where I can and can't park my trailer.)

-Speak
Not just New York, people of Illinois want to succeed from Chicago. Different values in rule area's compared to large cities but the large cities have the numbers to pass the laws.

Yes HOA'S are everywhere. Have family in the metroplex (DFW) that live in a HOA that ban pickups. Can you imagine banning pickups in Texas.
Someone could get shot, hanged or both![emoticon]

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
Full Body Paint, 3, 8K axles, Disc Brakes
17.5 LRH commercial tires
540 watts solar,
2020 Silverado High Country CC DA 4X4 Big Dually.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The first thing I learned some 45+ years ago was when I moved into my area. The homes were all custom from small to big, some were older and some we new, all had about an acre of land attached. I joined the HOA and with in 2 years I was president of it for 20+ years. Some wanted strict rules others had been here for years already. I made few rules other than if I came to your house it would be nice to have a cold beer. People became friendlier and better neighbors through our picnics and occasional street partys. Bottom line home is what you make of it. Oh I have been to Tenn and all the southern states going to some yearly for over 20 years. They have some nice areas and they have a lot of poor underdeveloped ones too. Plenty of dirt poor and some very rich. Home is what you make of it. I'll stay in Michigan........... at least in the summer.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/21 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Read the actual published law.

We had an issue in my small town. I was very actively involved with the writing the city ordinance on parking "recreational" vehicles. Delayed the ordinance for almost a year, and finally the mayor directly stated he was tired of this back and forth and wanted a solution. My solution of not having any ordinance wasn't going to fly and we came up with a mutually agreed solution, and yes I had to take a long shower that night [emoticon]

Fast forward several years, and I have a temporary cargo trailer in my driveway. New city inspector wrote a violation on the trailer. Wife took photos and a copy of the ordinance to the city manager, and she immediately cancelled the ticket and called him into her office and told him to go read the ordinance before he wrote any more tickets

propchef

NORCAL

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/21 06:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

jerem0621 wrote:

Come to Tennessee like the thousands of New Yorkers moving here ASAP. Not being political. It’s just a fact of life. This state is exploding with folks from California and New York/ New Jersey. Not sure why, can’t put my finger on it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the invitation! I'm sure I would like it in Tennessee. Governor Cuomo has actually encouraged people who disagree with him about social issues to leave the state!

Be careful, however. Immigrants from California and New York may bring ideas with them that could ruin the good life y'all have cultivated down there.

One of my daughters and her family have relocated to NC, so if we're going anywhere it would probably be to NC.

(But back to the topic at hand: I suspect there are communities in Tennessee that would tell me the same thing about where I can and can't park my trailer.)

-Speak

This is why we can't have nice things. It really gets old reading such small minded assumptions. Dennis Nunez is from CA and he's one of the country's leading conservatives and a strong defender of the current administration. Arnold was a conservative and served two terms. I live within an hour's drive of SFO and I can tell you for certain there's a WIDE variety of opinions, just like anywhere.

I'm from NC, moved to FL and then CA for work. I run into this mindset all the time and it's simply false.

We're here to share this country. You should welcome diversity.

SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/21 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Took the cover off today and towed the trailer over to the storage place. Replaced the cover and left it there. I feel a little disoriented, but at least my neighbors can enjoy the look of the neighborhood again.

-Speak

It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/21 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

Took the cover off today and towed the trailer over to the storage place. Replaced the cover and left it there. I feel a little disoriented, but at least my neighbors can enjoy the look of the neighborhood again.

-Speak

Now for the next few months you can cut the offending trees about 1/4” at a time during the very early hours. Very old chainsaws without mufflers are an excellent choice.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Busted!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.