cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quarantine for Florida trip?

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are scheduled to travel to Tampa area sometime in January to have some work done on the MH (remove that ugly nasty plastic film on front)
The question bothering me is with the COVID 'spike' we are going through once again, is there an isolation period for Florida and Ft Myers area in particular?

I expect to have been vaccinated in the next week or so here in Georgia
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow
35 REPLIES 35

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Smith wrote:

The problem is you cannot believe the stats everyone is telling you. The figures are grossly inflated. A guy here in Florida was in a motorcycle accident and died. They blamed his death on COVID because he tested positive.

This was debunked a long time ago yet people keep spreading misinformation and outright falsehoods. It's no wonder many are really confused about what's going on. If this would stop, we would all be better off. I don't understand how anyone believes this stuff. What would be the purpose of doctors and hospitals doing something like this? Stay off Facebook and reality will eventually sink in. Chuck

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ranger Smith wrote:
The problem is you cannot believe the stats everyone is telling you. The figures are grossly inflated. A guy here in Florida was in a motorcycle accident and died. They blamed his death on COVID because he tested positive.
Please volunteer at your local hospital. They really do need your help right now.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Smith wrote:
The problem is you cannot believe the stats everyone is telling you. The figures are grossly inflated
You have to believe something. What do you choose to believe?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
pbeverly wrote:
Everyone will eventually be exposed to it or be vaccinated. The only stat that really matters is how many hospital beds are occupied by COIVID patients.

The mask and social distancing are to SLOW it down so the medical community can keep up. In many places hospitals and staff are maxed out.

A couple weeks ago in Mexico City it was reported people are on their hands and knees begging to be admitted, don't think we want that here, so do the right thing.

Remember, you can't believe everything you hear/read.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Everyone will eventually be exposed to it or be vaccinated. The only stat that really matters is how many hospital beds are occupied by COIVID patients.

The mask and social distancing are to SLOW it down so the medical community can keep up. In many places hospitals and staff are maxed out.

A couple weeks ago in Mexico City it was reported people are on their hands and knees begging to be admitted, don't think we want that here, so do the right thing.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Was listening to a couple of ham radio operators discussing the situtation in FL.

No shutdowns. No restrictions other than those put in place by businesses.

Some stats for you (nation wide)

Yesterday's COVID-19 Stats from the New York Times (AND THE DAY BEFORE)

TOTAL REPORTED ON DEC. 28 14-DAY CHANGE
Cases 19.3 million - - - - -- - - 189,044 - - - - - - - - - - - โ€“13%
Deaths 335,141 - - - - - - - - - - - 1,899 - - - - - - - - - - - โ€“10%
Hospitalized 121,235 - - - - - - - - - - - +10%

TOTAL REPORTED ON DEC. 29 14-DAY CHANGE
Cases 19.5 million - - - - -- - - 200,902 - - - - - - - - - - - โ€“11%
Deaths 338,767 - - - - - - - - - - - 3,626 - - - - - - - - - - - โ€“9%
Hospitalized 124,686 - - - - - - - - - - - +10%

Infections and deaths down but hosptials still overflowing.

There are 1440 minutes in a day

Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Was listening to a couple of ham radio operators discussing the situtation in FL.

No shutdowns. No restrictions other than those put in place by businesses.

Some stats for you (nation wide)

Yesterday's COVID-19 Stats from the New York Times (AND THE DAY BEFORE)

TOTAL REPORTED ON DEC. 28 14-DAY CHANGE
Cases 19.3 million - - - - -- - - 189,044 - - - - - - - - - - - โ€“13%
Deaths 335,141 - - - - - - - - - - - 1,899 - - - - - - - - - - - โ€“10%
Hospitalized 121,235 - - - - - - - - - - - +10%

TOTAL REPORTED ON DEC. 29 14-DAY CHANGE
Cases 19.5 million - - - - -- - - 200,902 - - - - - - - - - - - โ€“11%
Deaths 338,767 - - - - - - - - - - - 3,626 - - - - - - - - - - - โ€“9%
Hospitalized 124,686 - - - - - - - - - - - +10%

Infections and deaths down but hosptials still overflowing.

There are 1440 minutes in a day
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
I would just continue as is with basic near continuous quarantine while you travel. Minimal contact with others to acquire basic necessities only. Always wear a mask and wear it properly. Avoid close contact with all other people and avoid crowded situations.

Best post yet !

I one hundred percent agree

Guy

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would just continue as is with basic near continuous quarantine while you travel. Minimal contact with others to acquire basic necessities only. Always wear a mask and wear it properly. Avoid close contact with all other people and avoid crowded situations.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
We were in Navarre FL in Oct. no issues anywhere. we ate out. wore our masks where needed (not everywhere) and enjoyed ourselves. we were also in CO. Granby just outside RMNP. in July. again no issues going out to eat. everyone for the most part wears their mask. I don't like it and don't want to wear it, but unfortunately people have been scared into thinking they work!

We are also planning 2 weeks on the east coast next summer, and then again to FL in October.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Guy Roan wrote:

Not sure where you live, but here in the Keys you cannot get into any establishment with out a mask and people except for the out of staters and the people from Miami are adhering to it.

Guy

We're on the Space Coast and find that most people are wearing masks, social distancing, etc. Yes, FL has had a LOT of cases of Covid, but when broken down into "cases per 100,000 residents", the state is doing better than some.

C'mon down!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œYet idiots in both the media and the Falderal Government want to put us all in the same little pigeonholes.โ€œ

Your insistence that the Federal government treat all Americans differently depending on where one lives troubles me. Should our policy be to let your rural area catchup with urban areas?

Because you disagree with others doesnโ€™t make them โ€œidiots.โ€
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
It gets interesting how the Guvnuh's and the media spin the stories.
Total cases in the US is about 19 million or just under 6%.
Urban areas have incidence rates as high as 20%, Rural areas such as where I am in Va have rates under 2%.
Yet idiots in both the media and the Falderal Government want to put us all in the same little pigeonholes.
There is plenty of data available, research where you want to go, and then decide what YOU want to do. Follow local laws, and be respectful of others. Your taking any risk, be they high or low, not some petty beauracrat in a cubicle in DC or New Yuck City.
Be rational,
Be reasonable,
and don't believe the Political.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
For reasons I do not wish to discuss. FL is not one of the states where I would expect restrictions. Though some campgrounds may have restrictions (Call ahead) I do not think the state will.

Michigan on the other hand ..... Well that's where I live.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times