cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wet bath in Dry bath sized camper ideas

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
I have been thinking lately that some of the newer campers with wet baths have really nice functional wet baths in them to the point where I think they are nearly as nice as a dry bath. Generally it seems that camper manufacturers save their largest campers for the dry bath format but I was wondering what it would be like to keep the large format, do a wet bath and then use the extra space inside for something else.

One idea so far is some additional counter space with top and bottom cabinets. A coffee bar type nook where you can leave some appliances out without being on the surface of the main counter top.

What would you do with extra space if you had it?

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper
4 REPLIES 4

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
We specifically sought out an AF1140 WB for this. The extra space is a closet that we used for some of our solar equipment (including batteries) and a few large drawers we use for pantry/dry goods.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I did own 2 TC - both in 12' size and both with dry bathrooms (never had 1 with wet bath). Both had similar floor plans, but when Fleetwood had rear entrance, Lance had convenient side entrance.
Took me some time to figure out why I am comfortable taking shower in Fleetwood, but miserable taking shower in Lance, even both bathrooms look like exactly the same floorplan.
Finally tape measure proved that Fleetwood shower was 1.5" wider and that made whole World of the difference as the small width difference would allow me turn under the shower without pulling the curtain on my back.
Fleetwood also had very generous countertop space, when Lance lack of such.
So side entrance is convenient on 1 side, but takes the space from other things.
TC are like Space Shuttles. Each fraction of inch can make a difference.

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Northwood does this. Compare a dry bath 1150 or 1140 to the wet bath version.

thedavidzoo
Explorer
Explorer
We have a large 12' Northstar with a DRY bath. Our floorplan already has the "coffee bar" along the back wall with a huge window and cabinets. We love this space and it is precisely where our electronics live and charge, out of the way of the kitchen counter and everything else. So convenient for lots of stuff.
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries