cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody in Quartzsite?

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
We were wondering how many rigs there are out in the desert this year. Sure am missing not being there.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires
26 REPLIES 26

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
That pizza had to be eaten with a pint of craft beer so seeing that you couldn't help me out......I'll have to get some myself this coming fall....lol
Lenny and Ros
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lenny K, I hate to do this to you but the devil made me do it. We ordered the Goliath. The gal that was our waitress was just great and really friendly. After we had it down to a little under half left, she kept stopping by to see if we wanted a to go box. We ended up finishing it there and we all had a good laugh. If I knew how desperate you were I would have shipped a piece to you. But wait, we went past the infamous US Post Office and the line was just tooooo long. Maybe some other time!

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the report. Really miss my Silly Al's pizza.
Lenny and Ros

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not in Q but in Yuma. Four of us made our usual annual run Tuesday to the tent. We sure weren't disappointed because we figured it was going to be pretty much worthless. It has been going down hill for the last several years and this year was no exception. Got there at 8:45 AM, parked on the south side of the tent about 100' from the gate into the tent. Never had to stop to turn off US 95 to make the left turn. At 9 when the gate opened, no line nobody waiting. Even the row of portapotties had no occupancy. Walked in and they did have things spread out with one-way traffic. Quite a bit of open space that they tried to disquise. I'd say 65 to 70% of the vendors had nothing RV related. There was one LED peddler inside and he had very little. Verizon probably had the most folks at a stall. After being inside for about an hour we did the north and south side aisles next to tent. Even Thrifty ice cream wasn't there. a lot of empty square footage. Two genny peddlers outside, one was a propane fired 1000 watt unit, never heard of it, and then beside the gate was some guy trying to hustle Firmans. And there was one LED guy outside who has a place here in Yuma and had the usual "Q Show Special" prices jacked over what he charges down here. The produce dept. at the Yuma Foothills Walmart would have been busier. By 10:45 AM we had driven the north and south strip and pulled into Silly Al's for wonderful pizza. No Le Mesa or Johnson RV. A few dealers with a small number of units on the strip. Of course Paul Everts, if still trading by that name, had a bunch of units where you turn into the tent. Good food, good beer, and good friends and we took the scenic way back down thru Glamis. Looked like there was a fairly good occupancy on some of the BLM land.

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
For you guys that are in Quartzsite did you go to the big tent?
Lenny and Ros

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
You can call it the Hoax flu for all I care. It's still killed over 400,000 people.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Monaramblee wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
The Chinese plague of course. I haven't been able to attend a SKP event since I joined 18 months ago.

Its a pandemic and its called covid 19 and that is why the attendance will be lower then previous years. Obviously right?

Why do you care what someone else calls it?

Cant debate that here. Better to stay on topic.
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny K wrote:
We were wondering how many rigs there are out in the desert this year. Sure am missing not being there.
They closed the exit, to many diesel pickup smoking up the town.
So big a world, so little time to see.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Monaramblee wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
The Chinese plague of course. I haven't been able to attend a SKP event since I joined 18 months ago.

Its a pandemic and its called covid 19 and that is why the attendance will be lower then previous years. Obviously right?

Why do you care what someone else calls it?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, Chinese Flu!

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:

2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Bunch of us with our RZR's will be there this weekend. Gonna take advantage of the lower attendance. Good times ahead.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just drove through Quartzsite this afternoon. It's changed a lot since we were here a couple weeks ago. BLM land north and south of town probably has a combined total of 500 rigs. Things are picking up in town too.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper